16 Movies To Look Forward To In 2016

16 Movies To Look Forward To In 2016

Movies to look forward to in 2016.

85
16 Movies To Look Forward To In 2016

There are many things to look forward to with the new year approaching. What I'm looking forward to the most is the new movies coming out in 2016.

1. "Kung Fu Panda 3" - January 29, 2016

It took three films, but we are finally going to meet Po's family. Like many, I enjoyed the first two movies and the TV show. I'm excited to watch will happen next.

For the trailer and more information, check out the IMDb page.

2. "Pride & Prejudice and Zombies" - February 5, 2016

As a fan of Jane Austen, I'm super excited for this action-packed, horror twist on the 1831 British novel. The movie is based on the novel, "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies," which came out in 2009. In this alternate universe, a plague turned people into the undead in 19th Century England. Actress Lily James from the live action "Cinderella," stars as the main character Elizabeth Bennet, who is a master of martial arts and weaponry in her quest to fight the dead. And as her leading man, actor Sam Riley from "Maleficent" is playing our beloved Mr. Darcy.

3. "Deadpool" - February 12, 2016

After watching the hilarious trailer for this movie, I was excited and immediately wanted to watch this movie filled with Ryan Reynolds' dry sense of humor! The film is also set to be the eighth installment of the X-Men series. In the film, Wade Wilson a.k.a. Deadpool is experimented on and gains new abilities.

4. "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" - March 18, 2016

Based on the last book in the Divergent trilogy, "Allegiant" was split into two parts for the Divergent film series. The first being this movie and second titled, "The Divergent Series: Ascendant." In this part of the film, the characters Tris and Four will go outside the fence and discover some new things that will led them to make important decisions.For the trailer and more information, check out the IMDb page.

5. "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" - March 25, 2016

This movie is designed to be the second installment for the DC Extended Universe and is the follow-up for the Superman movie, "Man of Steel," which came out in 2013. Not only will it bring together two of the most beloved comic book characters, Batman and Superman, but it is also rumored that the film will also feature The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg, along with Wonder Woman.

The handsome Henry Cavill will continue his role as Superman, whereas Ben Affleck will be taking the role of Batman. Honestly, I'm not as excited about Affleck because Christian Bale stole my heart as Batman, but I guess we'll see what happens. Israeli model and actress Gal Gadot will be playing Wonder Woman, many may know her from her role in the "Fast and Furious" franchise playing the character Gisele. I'm excited to see how she will do as the new Wonder Women.

6. "My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2" - March 25, 2016

Thirteen years have passed, but I'm still looking forward to this sequel to the film, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." In the film, you see the Toula and Ian's daughter all grown up and the family gathers once again for another wedding.

7. "Captain America: Civil War" - May 6, 2016

"Captain America: Civil War" will be the third film in the Captain America series and the 13th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Everyone has their favorite in the Avengers and not everyone gets along, but who could imagine that Captain America and Iron Man would force people to pick sides. For the trailer and more information, check out the IMDb page.

8. "Alice Through the Looking Glass" - May 27, 2016

Who could say no to another Tim Burton film? In this sequel, Alice returns to Wonderland to save the Mad Hatter by traveling back in time.

9. "X-Men: Apocalypse" - May 27, 2016

As the ninth film in the X-Men series and the sequel to the last movie: "X-Men: Days of Future Past," this movie is long awaited for many. Especially after the ending of Days of Future Past, everyone around the world is anxiously waiting to see how the universe of the X-Men movies we know and love has changed.

10. "Now You See Me 2" - June 10, 2016

In the sequel to the first "Now You See Me," Daniel Radcliffe has joined the cast as the son of Michael Caine's character. Radcliffe's character is trying to bring justice to "The Four Horsemen" for putting his father in jail after a year of them successfully running from the FBI.

11. "Warcraft" - June 10, 2016

Based on the novels and video games, "Warcraft," the film shows the conflict between humans and orcs. I've never played the game, but after watching the trailer I thought it looked pretty interesting and is something I would sit and watch.

12. "The Secret Life of Pets" - July 8, 2016

I'm actually pretty excited to see this movie. I have a dog and a movie about what pets do during day just seems hilarious. The movie is about a dog named Max, voiced by Louis C.K, who starts to have problems when his owner brings home another dog named Duke, voiced by "Modern Family" star Eric Stone. However, that's the least of his problems when a rabbit named Snowball, voiced by Kevin Hart, plans to lead an army of abandon pets against happy pets and their owners.

13. "Suicide Squad" - August 5, 2016

Portraying a view from the side of villains is in an all new high; designed to be the third film in the DC Extended Universe, Suicide Squad brings together a special group of people. After the legendary portrayal of the Joker by Heath Ledger, the world will be introduced to Jared Leto's rendition of the famed villain; however, there's been some controversy concerning the Joker's new tattoo-adorned look. The film will feature a large slew of well known actors; Margot Robbie will be playing Harley Quinn, Will Smith will be playing Deadshot, Jai Courtney will be playing Captain Boomerang and Cara Delevingne will be playing Enchantress, just to name a few.

14. "Doctor Strange" - November 4, 2016

There isn't a lot of information about this movie yet, but I'll always give Marvel movies a chance. "Doctor Strange" will be the fourteenth movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and will star Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange. Rachel McAdams will also be featured in the film, but her role is currently unknown.

For more information, check out the IMDb page.

15. "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" - November 18, 2016

Prepare yourself Harry Potter fans, for a way back into the wizarding world. This new trilogy, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," was a novel written in 2001 about the magical creatures in the Harry Potter universe. The book is written under the fictitious author, Newt Scamander, who wrote a textbook Harry used in "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," as a pseudonym. J.K. Rowling herself is the screenwriter for the film for the first time. The main character for the film is Newt Scamander and takes place 70 years before Harry's story. The plot takes place in New York City in 1926 and is concerned with the problems between magical and non-magical people.

16. "Moana" - November 23, 2016

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE Disney princesses, so it's safe to say I can't wait to see who will debut next. Moana is about a young woman who teams up with her hero, the legendary demigod Maui, who will be voiced by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. There isn't a lot of information out yet, but of course there has been talk about what kind of princess Moana will be. Moana will be voiced by 14-year-old Auli'i Cravalho, who was born in Oahu, Hawaii, and this will be her first film.

Yup, 2016 is looking pretty good to me.