19 Things You Should Do At 19

19 Things You Should Do At 19

Here's to your last year as a teen.

224
19 Things You Should Do At 19
www.thisismarilyn.com

Nineteen: the age where you're still a teenager, yet considered an adult. Your teen years are filled with awkwardness, adventure, new experiences, love, loss and well, I can go on forever. Personally, I feel like my teens flew by. I can still remember turning 13 and being so ready to see what my teen years held for me. Now my 19th birthday is quickly approaching, and I think brace-faced, 13-year-old me would be disappointed if I didn't make my last year as a teen memorable. So, here's to everyone as they embark on 19!

1. Get out more.

There is so much more to this great big world than the stuffy dorm room or the end of the street. I'm not saying party harder or whatever (though that is a lot of fun!) I'm saying explore what's around you. Meet new people and try something new. Nineteen could be the year of discovery!

2. Do something you have always wanted to do.

Learn to sing, play guitar, run a 5K, speak a new language, pick up a new hobby.

3. Give back. Donate something!

Clothes you don't wear, money, your hair, maybe?

4. Cross something off your bucket list.

Maybe this year will be the year you go to Europe or skydive.

5. Try a new food.

Have you always been scared to try sushi or did strawberry ice cream always sway you the wrong way? Your taste buds might thank you!

6. Write a short story or start your novel.

You never know, you might be the next big thing! Writing is an amazing way to explore your mind and enhance your creativity.

7. Get into a new habit.

Take a walk every day, learn a new word, always have a book to read. This could benefit you in the long run.

8. Register to vote!

Your vote most definitely matters!

9. Change your coffee order.

Leave that iced coffee with milk and caramel with 16, 17 and 18. Nineteen-year-old you might like iced lattes instead.

10. Go to a rave.

Loud music, bright colors and time with your pals? Now that's a good time.

11. Don't use social media as much.

Look up. There's much more to this world than Selena's latest Instagram post or the latest viral trend.

12. Call instead of text.

Voice to voice instead of text to text is so much better.

13. Give up something for a year!

Swearing, soda or a type of hair product you use (that you don't really need).

14. Learn a new sport.

Ask your sister to teach you how to play volleyball or join a club sport at your school.

15. Do a DIY project.

Turn that old T-shirt into a cut crop top or transform your old dresser into something bright and eye catching.

16. Go to a concert.

From the local band in town playing at a restaurant down the road or Justin Bieber, spend a night out jamming to your favorite tunes.

17. Take more pictures.

Capture every moment.

18. Take care of an animal!

Adopt a dog or a cat or buy a fish. You'll have a new best friend!

19. Have fun in your last year as a teen.

This is the last year before you embark on your 20s. Treat it well!