Why The University Of South Carolina Is The Best

Forever To Thee.

2141

We are the real Carolina and the real USC. Here's why.

• It's only cold here for, like, two months. And by cold I mean almost 40 degrees.
  • Our colors, garnet and black, look classy on literally everyone.
  • The Horseshoe is the most magical and beautiful place you could ever imagine.
  • You get to go to the State Fair every year (and usually a couple of times a year) because it takes place ten minutes from campus.
  • The Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center is top of the line and gorgeous (we have a rock climbing wall).
  • Pawley's Front Porch is the best burger you will ever eat and was featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
  • We actually do have students from all over the country, but mostly Maryland.
  • You will never get tired of going out in Five Points because there are so many bars.
  • Chicken Finger Wednesday.
  • All of our campus has historical significance.
  • The new Darla Moore School of Business will be the world's largest net zero building, which means it generates as much energy as it consumes. It is also beautiful.
  • Our women's basketball team is coached by an Olympic gold medalist (Dawn Staley) and they kick butt every year.
  • We're lucky enough to have a Greek Village with some of the grandest fraternity and sorority houses in the country.
  • We're in the SEC. The most exciting and competitive conference there is.
  • Our southern food is amazing.
  • We have the #1 International Business program in the nation, as rated by US News and World Report.
  • You never have to leave Columbia to buy something you need because it's all right here (besides the Apple store).
  • The constant trains running through Columbia always give you an excuse as to why you were late to class.
  • Off campus living includes everything from a beautiful one-of-a-kind house to a high-rise apartment to a gated community or the historical Olympia and Granby Mills lofts.
  • There's always great musicians coming to town because our music scene is poppin'.
  • You can have functions at a plantation home, a museum, a concert venue or even the football stadium.
  • Lake Murray is right here, we're surrounded by awesome rivers you can float down, and Folly Beach is less than two hours away.
  • Tailgating is an all day event that makes driving past the stadium on game day impossible.
  • Our ladies' traditional game day attire, black dresses and cowboy boots, are actually way more functional than they are stylish (comfortable shoes and less sweating).
  • Our baseball stadium is nicer than most minor league stadiums.
  • Hootie and the Blowfish was formed at USC and Darius Rucker comes to almost all of our football games.
  • Our football coach, Steve Spurrier, is a Heisman trophy winner (we love you HBC).
  • When it snows here, class is cancelled for a week, there are giant hills to sled down, and we have massive student snowball fights on the Horseshoe.
  • We consider Wagon Wheel to be one of our school anthems.
  • Cocky, our mascot, has been named national mascot of the year four times, and has been on the Capital One Bowl All-America Mascot Team six times.
  • Columbia is the state capital of South Carolina so we get a ton of political action.
  • Our live mascot, Sir Big Spur, rides out onto the football field on a mini remote controlled field goal post every game and if that's not the coolest thing ever I don't know what is.
  • Our St. Patty's Day celebration in Five Points is one of the largest and craziest in the country.
  • And last, but certainly not least, the University of South Carolina is home to the best people in the world -- Gamecocks.