17 Twenty One Pilots Lyrics For Life

17 Twenty One Pilots Lyrics For Life

Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun sing you the truth.

1676
17 Twenty One Pilots Lyrics For Life
beardedgentlmenmusic.com

The duo from Columbus, Ohio have taken the alternative scene by storm in the music world and haven't let it go since their release of Blurryface (2015) on May 19, 2016. With their self-titled album Twenty One Pilots (2009) and Vessel (2013) also in the arsenal, Twenty One Pilots has a wide array songs to select from. I took a listen to these three albums and took a focus on the lyrics of the songs.

1. "Out of student loans and treehouse homes we all would take the latter."
"Stressed Out" - Blurryface

I figured, as college students, this one was relatively self-explained. Treehouses > Student Loans.

2. "I try desperately to run through the sand
As I hold the water
In the palm of my hand
Cause it's all that I have
And it's all that I need"
"Addict With A Pen" - Twenty One Pilots

We find ourselves in difficult times with little to nothing to keep us motivated or to keep going. We hold things closer when it may be all that we have left to keep going.

3. "Get up Johnny boy, get up Johnny boy,
Get up 'cause the world has left you lying on the ground.
You're my pride and joy, you're my pride and joy.
Get up Johnny boy because we all need you now."
"Johnny Boy" - Twenty One Pilots

The motivation anyone needs to hear after getting put and left on the ground. Replace your name with Johnny's and tell me you wouldn't have even the slightest of motivation to keep trucking forward.

4. "He wakes up early today
Throws on a mask that will alter his face
Nobody knows his real name"
"Trapdoor" - Twenty One Pilots

There are people in this world who wake up every morning and put on a mask so that society sees them in a certain way. They hide behind it so nobody knows who the real them is. Is it you?

5. "Don't wanna call you in the nighttime
Don't wanna give you all my pieces
Don't wanna hand you all my trouble
Don't wanna give you all my demons
You'll have to watch me struggle
From several rooms away
But tonight I'll need you to stay."
"The Run and Go" - Vessel

Ever gone through troubles and feel like nothing but a hassle to someone who tries to help you? You don't wanna give them all of the problems you are dealing with because it isn't theirs to deal with, but deep down all you want is for them to stay right by your side.

6. "I'm never what I like,
I'm double sided, and I just can't hide"
"Semi-Automatic" - Vessel

There are two sides to every story and whether or not one wants to admit it, there are generally at least two sides to every person. Some people can hide it, others can't. Which side are you?

7. "It ain't the speakers that bump hearts,
It's our hearts that make the beat."
"Holding On To You" - Vessel

You carry around an instrument with you every day. Sing along to the beat.

8. "Sometimes you've got to bleed to know,
That you're alive and have a soul,
But it takes someone to come around to show you how."
"Tear In My Heart" - Blurryface

A reality reminder is never a bad thing. Sometimes, there's someone who just needs to remind you.

9. "Nah, I didn't understand a thing you said,
If I didn't know better I'd guess you're all already dead,
Mindless zombies walking around with a limp and a hunch,
Saying stuff like, 'You only live once.'"
"Heavydirtysoul" - Blurryface

A shot to the people who say "YOLO". You know who those people are.

10. "Scared of my own image, scared of my own immaturity,
Scared of my own ceiling, scared I'll die of uncertainty,
Fear might be the death of me, fear leads to anxiety,
Don't know what's inside of me."
"Doubt" - Blurryface

There are some who aren't sure of what goes on inside their head. The anxiety takes over and thousands of thoughts run through their head within just a few seconds.

11. "Domingo en fuego, I think I lost my halo"
"Polarize" - Blurryface

'Domingo en fuego' translates to 'Sunday on fire' in Spanish. The day of the week that is considered the most holy is turned to a living hell.

12. "And I will say that we should take a day to break away,
From all the pain our brain has made,
The game is not played alone.
And I will say that we should take a moment and hold it,
And keep it frozen and know that,
Life has a hopeful undertone."
"Migraine" - Vessel

Life requires pauses. Life requires a break away from everything going on. You're not the only one on a break either. Any happy or bright moment is something that should be held on tight and cherished. There are bright moments.

13. "We're broken
We're broken people"
"Screen" - Vessel

This is more focused on how the lyric is being sung. It's not just Tyler. It's a group of people. The lyric doesn't say 'person', it says 'people'. Everyone is broken in some way. Some just show it more than others.

14. "I wake up fine and dandy but then by the time I find it handy,
To rip my heart apart and start planning my crash landing"
"Ode To Sleep" - Vessel

You wake up in the morning feeling just fine. Then your day happens. Then something goes wrong. A negative mindset swarms in.

15. "I've been thinking too much (Help me)"
"Ride" - Blurryface

Everyone overthinks even the littlest things in life. If you say you haven't, you're a liar.

16. "I find over the course of our human existence
One thing consists of consistence
And it's that we're all battling fear."
"Car Radio" - Vessel

The lyric explains itself. We're ALL battling fear in one shape or another.

17. "Sometimes quiet is violent."
"Car Radio" - Vessel

Silence can be healing or harmful pending the situation. But to some, being alone with their thoughts can be dangerous.