10 Reasons Roger Williams Is A Great School

Roger Williams University's small environment makes for a close community.

32

Roger Williams University is a small liberal arts school located in small-town Bristol, Rhode Island. As a student at Roger Williams, I don’t think it’s too far out of the ballpark to say this listicle could be slightly biased, but every school has its perks and its flaws, right? This list just happens to be why Roger is great and hopefully its students can agree with what’s on this list.

1. It’s Right on the Water

Water here, water there, water everywhere. When it comes to the view, Roger Williams does not disappoint. There’s just something about Roger Williams being on the water that makes you feel calm and at peace. The breath of fresh air that students get to relieve the stresses and anxieties from working and studying is much needed.

2. Small Classrooms

The average class size at Roger Williams is 19 students to a classroom. A small environment like that is ideal for students to have more debate and discussions among their peers. This enables students to be more involved in their learning instead of constantly trying to absorb lectures from professors all the time.

3. The Food Is Fantastic

Ranked in the top 5 percent of the country, Roger Williams' food is off the charts. The choices and variety are endless, from stir-fry to salads to sandwiches to sushi and so much more! It’s more likely than not that you’ll always find something to your liking.

4. The Grass Is Always Green

Even in the wintertime, Roger Williams groundskeepers are always on their A-game when it comes to keeping the grass green and that extends to the whole campus. Buildings are always kept in great condition and there’s really no complaining when it comes to cleanliness.

5. We’re A Tight Community

Roger Williams is home to almost 4,000 undergraduate students, making it the perfect place to make close groups of friends and bond over joys and endeavors of the normal college life. Everyone pretty much knows everyone, and while that can be bad at times, it creates a sense of familiarity and comfort among the student body.

6. Getting Involved Is No Problem

Roger Williams has hundreds of clubs and organizations that meet the many interests of its students. If a club or organization doesn’t suit you, it’s not a problem at all to simply start one on your own.

7. There’s Lots of Majors to Choose From

Choosing a major or maintaining interest in a major is always going to be a struggle for many college students, but Roger Williams provides multitudes of options that can satisfy many students. It’s something Roger Williams takes tremendous pride in.

8. There’s Always Something To Do

No matter the day or the time, events are a consistent occurrence on Roger Williams’ campus. From debates, discussions, sports, and other entertaining events, it’s not difficult to find something going on when you’re a student at Roger.

9. The Professors Are Awesome

The small classrooms at Roger Williams make the personal connection between student and professor so much easier. Professors at Roger Williams are very understanding, thought provoking, accomplished, and determined to make sure students succeed. Many professors even share their cell number and personal emails to get in contact with them. That one on one attention makes for an excellent education.

10. Career Opportunities

Roger Williams graduates are always ready for the workforce and given many opportunities to find possible jobs and internships within their field. Study abroad is just one example of many great programs Roger has to offer. It’s just a matter of finding them and taking advantage.