Purdue's Year In Greek

Purdue's Year In Greek

15
Purdue's Year In Greek

Purdue, here they are — the most popular stories of the year, according to readers visiting our website. Whether you read them on your computer or on the walk to class (look up!) something about these really stuck with you. Let us know what you think on Facebook.

10. Questions We’re Sick Of Answering And Our Well-Rehearsed Answers

By Kevin Finley 

Some conversations can be recorded and saved for later use. Kevin brings us through the best and worst of them.

9. 10 Things You Should Do With Your Little

By Chelsea Knecht

Having a Little is one of the more lovely traditions of Greek Life. Chelsea brings us through some ideas Bigs can roll out to strengthen their bonds with their littles.

8. Sexualized Selfies: I’m Not Talking About Nudes

By Jessie Hanselmann

Jessie takes the dictionary to task after it included “selfie” — a phenomenon she claims has people everywhere succumbing to the idea that their most valuable asset is good looks.

7. A One Night Stand May Cure the Valentine’s Day Blues

By Jessie Hanselmann

Jessie’s other big hit: Why stay home and wait for Prince Charming when you can take matters into your own hands?

6. You Only YOLO Once

By Paige Widener

Imagine Paige and Marcus Aurelius sitting and philosophizing together. I’m sure she could break through some of his trademark stoicism with her answer to Horace’s carpe diem.

5. 8 Signs She’s Not Girlfriend Material

By Josh Klinger

In Josh’s attempt to find love in the hopeless place we all inhabit, he turns his attention to deal breakers. 

4. Our College Chef: Bryan Price

By Kevin Finley

Our biggest “introduction” article of the year featured Bryan Price, the amazing chef to Sigma Alpha Epsilon.

3. Purdue Shooting: One Reported Dead

By Emily Stone, Will McGuinness with contributed reporting from Ali Bartlett, Caroline McKinney, Paige Widener, Kevin Finley and Jessie Hanselmann.

Odyssey writers respond to breaking news that a gunman shot and killed fellow student Andrew Bolt. 

2. Why Purdue’s Hazing Definition Hurts The Greek Community

By Mark Fisker

Preach, Mark! “Purdue’s definition of hazing is too broad. Is it really a crime to require pledges to dress up once a week for pledge education?”

1. Teach Me How To Tinder

By Josh Klinger

This one brings back to those innocent September afternoons when we couldn’t Tinder with one finger and blindfolded.

Thanks so much for reading, Purdue. Check in next week when we release our personal favorite stories of the year.