The 11 Most Underrated Joys Of Fall

The 11 Most Underrated Joys Of Fall

261
The 11 Most Underrated Joys Of Fall

The start of the fall season spurs the dewy sweet thoughts of all things pumpkin spice, and in recent years, society has shifted its seasonal preference and focus from the stickiness of summer to the chilly, cozy atmosphere of fall. But if you're a true fan of the fall, you know that it's so much more than just lattes and snuggly sweaters. The fall is the one season of all four that warrants the most subtle changes as the cool, crisp air begins to creep in around us. These are the most underrated joys of the fall season:

1. Boots

There's something about a good pair of boots that makes you feel pretty powerful. And warm!

2. Great Hair Days

With summer's dreaded humidity gone, and the brisk chill lingering in the air, fall promises the greatest of hair days.

3. The Fall TV Season

With the start of the fall season comes all of our favorite TV shows, promising much-awaited answers to all of the spring season's anxiety inducing cliff hangers. And with the start of those new seasons, means long-awaited updates on Netflix.

4. (Bon)Fires

It's very possible that there's nothing better than the toasty warmth and crackle of a fire, whether it's a controlled fireplace, or a natural bonfire outdoors.

5. Fall Fairs, Carnivals, and Festivals

There's so many joys of fall that fall under this category - corn mazes, haunted houses, pie eating contests, sweet red candy apples, and more.

6. Pumpkin and Apple Picking

Before the age of the pumpkin spice latte, pumpkins in the fall were famous for one thing: carving! The process of searching among hundreds of pumpkins for the perfect one is a sweet, child-like ritual that will never go out of style. And there's nothing quite like taking a bite into a fresh, crunchy apple that you've picked with your own bare heads, or eating a forkful of your own homemade apple pie fresh from the farm to your table.

7. An Excuse to Be Lazy

Fall is a transitioning season from the balmy heat of summer to the frosty bite of winter, which means it's our job to adjust. The only way to do that is to snuggle up, cozy and warm, and embrace the lazy life. Fuzzy blankets? Of course. Toasty sweaters? Absolutely. The thick sweetness of a hot cocoa? Yes!

8. Family and Friends

The fall season is the beginning of the year's best holidays which means plenty of giving thanks, and a whole lot of family and friend bonding time.

9. The Great Outdoors

Step outside on a cool fall day and feast your eyes on a landscape of red, green, yellow, and orange. The refreshing air of the fall season will leave your cheeks and nose a rosy flush of pink, but will keep you warm and cool all at the same time - perfect for a walk around the park, or a scenic hike.

10. Halloween

Halloween is the only holiday all year round where just about anything goes. It's the one night of all 365 nights when the imaginary scales of age are disregarded, and when you can be anyone or anything your heart desires.

11. It Appeals to the Senses

Picture it: The crisp chill in the air; the smell of a fall scented candle; the sound of leaves crunching beneath you; the warm, soothing colors of the world around you; the sticky sweet taste of a frothy warm coffee. Fall appeals to all of the senses, making it without a doubt, the greatest season of the year.