5 Poetry Books That Are Good For The Soul

Some words are beautifully written and must be read.

274
Wallapers Craft

Everyone loves a good quote from Pinterest, and most of the time the ones I enjoy the most are from poetry books. I stumbled across the first poetry book I read about two years ago, and I've been in love ever since. I've read quite a few, and I think that these are some books that everyone should read.

1. "Milk and Honey" by Rupi Kaur

Milk and Honey is probably the most well known poetry book of this generation, filled with poems about loving and losing, as well as words of empowerment. Many poems in this book are meant to lift women up and show them that they are strong and beautiful, whether they are with a man or not.

2. "I Wrote This For You" by Iain S. Thomas

Every poem in this book is written for a specific person that Thomas doesn't seem to name, but it includes love poems as well as poems about him losing this unnamed love. He writes this as if to this love, in hopes that she will find it. He also includes poems about love in general, not necessarily romantic love.

3. "I Wrote This For You and Only You" by Iain S. Thomas

This book just so happens to be the sequel to the book mentioned above. In this book Thomas focuses more on love in general than the previous, encouraging the reader to love everyone and not just him. Inside these covers includes poems of a few short lines to poems who's lines take up the entire page.

4. "Chasers Of The Light" by Tyler Knott Gregson

As it is mentioned in the picture, "Chasers Of The Light" is part of a series written by Gregson that includes various love poems written with a typewriter on old pieces of paper that the author has found or had for years, as well as photographs taken by himself and multiple pages of blackout poetry. Blackout poetry is where the author takes a page from an already published book and blacks out most of the words except a few which create a poem using the visible words.

5. "I hope this reaches her in time" by r.h. Sin

This book is very minimalistic, with only a small design on the front with the title and the words "call ended..." on the back and leaps right into the poetry. He uses barely any punctuation, but he speaks highly of the girl he writes about, going on about how strong she is and how she can take care of herself. Every girl who is going through the healing phase of a relationship should read this book; it includes words that someone in pain needs to hear.