The Seven Biggest Pet Peeves of Penn State Sorority Girls

22

We have all texted our GroupMe or tweeted about something on campus or within our social lives that truly gets under our skin. I decided to take notice of the most common things I’ve heard Penn State sorority girls complain about here at Penn State (myself included). Enjoy! 

1. The sound of construction waking you at 8 a.m. Nothing is worse than being woken up before the sun has risen by the sound of deafening power tools. Especially when your first class isn’t until 3 p.m. (Can I get an “amen”, South Halls?)   

2. Having to walk to your social during what appears to be a blizzard. No pickups?! There’s nothing like finally arriving to your social and having pieces of your hair frozen together and potential frost bite on your bare legs (because even in the dead of winter, we dress like we are on spring break in Mexico). Oh, and you’re probably going to be late because you had to tiptoe the entire way in heels to avoid being “that girl” wiping out on the ice while her dress flies up, exposing both butt cheeks.   

3. The Starbucks line in the HUB. “I NEED CAFFEINE TO SURVIVE MY DAY.” Well, looks you’re going to have to wait 20 minutes in the HUB Starbucks line while potentially being offered a “Free Hug” by some creepy guy with braces and/or being handed an array of club pamphlets.   

4. Waiting for a cardio machine in the White Building. Finally, you drag yourself to the gym to burn off some Gumby's Pokey Stix (heavily coated in Ranch dressing, obviously) from last night, and EVERY SINGLE cardio machine is taken. Realization: The “20-Minute Limit” is a myth.   

5. Seeing someone you don’t want to see on your way to class when you look like sh*t. Look presentable or sleep 20 minutes later than usual? The day you choose sleep usually means you also choose sweatpants, no makeup and not brushing your hair. And out of over 20,000 male students, you happen see the one guy you cried to while eating D.P. Dough at 3 a.m. last weekend. Good times.   

6. When someone steals your favorite fracket. “Frat jackets” or “frackets” are essential in the wardrobe of a Penn State sorority girl. NOTHING is worse than when you discover a particular fracket you hold near and dear (probably one that’s a warm zip-up) has been stolen from what you thought was the perfect hiding spot (ex: under a couch cushion, hidden deep on a shelf, a random closet, behind a curtain, etc.).   

7. You arrive a few minutes late to your social and there is no chaser left. Uh-Oh. No more delicious generic Mountain Dew (“Shoutin’ Mountain”) to chase down that elegant plastic cup of Vladimir. Guess it’s time to plug your nose and feel the burn. 

I understand that these are all the definition of "First World Problems". But...we go to Penn State. There isn't much to complain about.