How To Mend A Broken Heart

How To Mend A Broken Heart

Moving past the heartache.

47
How To Mend A Broken Heart

There is a certain feeling that some of us know quite too well: a broken heart. It is definitely a feeling that I would not even wish upon my worst enemy. The thought that the person you love doesn’t love you back anymore is haunting. It leaves you feeling alone and empty inside. You feel like you can’t move forward, but trust me, you will. It might feel like the end of the world, but it just means that your special someone is still out there. The heartbreak may be suffocating you, but there are ways to ease the pain and hopefully mend your broken heart.

Surround yourself with the people that love you.

After a breakup, it is so important to surround yourself with your family and friends. They are the people that love you will build you back up again. They want true happiness for you, and they will always be by your side.

It’s OK to cry.

Sometimes a good cry can be good for the soul. I suggest a good cry in the comfort of your own bed. You can grieve over the lost relationship, but once you get it out, you have to stand back up and be confident that better things are coming your way.

Eat a tub of ice cream.

Honestly, ice cream is the best post-breakup food. Treat yourself because you need it. It won’t kill you to have one cheat night and it’ll make you feel better.

Write a letter.

There is something so freeing about writing your feelings down on paper. Write your feelings down, and then throw away the letter. When you throw the letter away, let that be you releasing the pent-up anger and sadness in your soul.

Go out with your friends.

Put some makeup and your cutest outfit on for a girls night. Enjoy the time with your best friends and forget about reality for a little while. A fun night with friends is much needed and will put a smile on your face.

Cleanse your life.

After a really bad breakup, it is time for a life cleanse. Take down the pictures of you two together, and move forward. Put your memories in a box and don’t look at it again till the heartache heals. You don’t have to erase the person from your life, but if it’s painful for you then give your heart a break. Give yourself time to heal. You don’t want to see their things and be constantly reminded of your pain.

Try new things.

Try a new hairstyle, go to a new restaurant, travel, meet new people. You need to experience life with a new perspective. Trying new things can put life into a different view. You might have to try to find yourself again.

Do what you love.

Put all your soul into your passions. Paint, draw, sing, dance, read; just do whatever makes you happy. When you are focused on what you love then your happiness will come back.