13 Books To Get You Out Of A Reading Slump

13 Books That Will Get Every College Girl Out Of A Reading Slump

Don't miss these.

3934

A book is an opportunity to live in someone else's world for a short time, to see through someone else's eyes. A past time that has seemed to only get more popular through the years. So here is a list of books ranging in content that are sure to get you back into reading if you seem to be stumped on what book to read next.

1. The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin

If this book can't make you fall in love with reading, not much can. This book has it all; romance, mystery, suspense, paranormal happenings, unreliable narrator and more. Mara Dyer has woken up from a coma to learn that she was in an accident with three of her friends and she is the only to survive and seemingly unharmed. Looking for a fresh start, Mara's family moves to Florida where her life only seems to get more complicated as she uncovers more and more about herself.

2. Looking For Alaska by John Green

Looking for Alaska was John Green's premier novel and it has made an impact on any since its release. It tells the story of a boy who has never had a friend, who has never fit in until he attends Culver Creek Boarding School. He grows, he learns, and he falls in love with Alaska Young. A girl so confusing and mysterious that the reader never really knows who she is, Looking for Alaska is a coming of age story that you can't help to relate to at some point.

3. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

Published in the late '80s, The Outsiders is a book that everyone should read. A town divided by class, Ponyboy tells a story of what it's like to grow up on the “wrong side of town" as a greaser. He and his friends always seemed to find trouble, but you get to transport yourself to a life where you have to fight to survive.

4. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

The less you know about this book, the better. The summary provided is a short blip and that's all you really need to know. If you're looking for a book that is full of mysterious circumstances and mind messing, then look no further.

5. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout

This book is another mysterious story that has you guessing until the very end. Samantha regains consciousness on the side of the road in a ditch, covered in blood and no memories. She doesn't even know who she is. After she learns that one of her friends died during the time she was missing, she searches for answers for what really happened to her.

6. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

The best was to think of this book is a heartbreak within pages which is a common theme amongst novels by Colleen Hoover. Sky has a very atypical life. She's been sheltered her whole life by her adoptative mother who is very protective. Finally freeing herself a little bit from her mother's clasp, Sky goes to high school where she meets Dean Holder. The beginning of the end of her simple life. The closer to two become, the more she remembers from her fuzzy childhood. And the more she remembers, the more she wants to forget.

7. Legend trilogy by Marie Lu

A futuristic America where they train them young to serve the military. June is prodigy that excels in every category and is one of the youngest to graduate her age. Day is the opposite. He lives off the streets, constantly on the run from the military that roam the streets. When June goes undercover and lives on the streets with Day, she learns that this government that she has been blindly serving might not be all that she has always believed. Also, if you like a strong female lead, you'll like this book.

8. Under The Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi

Another book that takes place in a futuristic society, but this one is ruled by deadly Aether storms that are decimating the population. The world has been divided between people who live in pods that protect them from these storms and people who live on the outside and have to fear for their lives at all times. When Aria, who has grown up in the pods, is cast from her society and into the outside, she meets Perry. Perry has lived on the outside his whole life and for reasons he doesn't even know, he helps Aria return to her home and find the mother whose disappearance is what caused her to be exiled.

9. The Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

This five-book series is one that will keep you reading for a while. It is a modern day twist on ancient Greek mythology and their descendants that walk the streets everyday with everyone else. Alex Andros goes to an exclusive covenant that trains these young descendants, Hematoi and half-bloods, to be able to fight the monsters that come along with a world where myths are reality.

10. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Another book that pulls on the heartstrings. The book is told in present and past and how they both intertwine. Neither Tate nor Miles never realized they were looking for each other until they met. Still weighed by demons of his past Miles had concluded that he would never be able to live down the hauntings of a past he wishes he could forget. (It's also getting turned into a movie soon, so read it before!)

11. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

This is cute novel about teen love and not fitting in and being okay with that. Eleanor and Park fall in love over the course of a school year with extenuating circumstances that only makes you love their story even more.

12. In The Stillness by Andrea Randall

Natalie is a woman stuck in a life that she can't stand. Everyday manages to get worse. This story is a dark account of a woman who was forced to leave a man she loved and marry a man that she didn't. Her life is everything she never wanted, but when her first love makes an unexpected re-appearance in a life, she begins to feel again after being numb for so long.

13. The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Lux series is another five book series from Jennifer Armentrout where aliens live among us. You probably couldn't spy them on the streets, besides their obvious good looks, but they had to relocate to Earth when their planet was destroyed by their enemies of outer-space. Katy Swartz moves to West Virginia where she moves next door to a house hosting two of these Luxen aliens which is only the beginning of the five book series of taking down the enemy of the Lux aliens and restore safety to the planet.