Hitler's Trump Card

Hitler's Trump Card

Trumping Hitler's fascisim.

96
Hitler's Trump Card
buzz.blog.ajc.com

So as we know this election season has caused great uproar in both of the parties. The political front-runner in the Democratic party is slowly but surely be replaced by her more liberal counterpart. The Republicans seem to be falling apart at the seams with talks of a brokered convention. But the fact of the matter is that Donald Trump is really winning the votes and delegates in the Republican party and though we certainly treated this as a joke originally, we can't play around anymore.

Trump has been compared to Hitler more often as the days go by than any other candidate or even fictional character even has been. He's said things that make our skin crawl and asked millions of voters to back him up - which they are.

So let's talk about what Trump and Hitler have in common shall we? I'll use one quote and at the end of the article we can see which ones are Hitler and which ones are Trump.

1. Immigration

"Any further immigration of non-[natives] must be prevented. We demand that all non-[natives] who have entered [the country] shall be compelled to leave...immediately"

We know that Trump has routinely talked about the expulsion of Latin@ people as well as Americans who practice Islam. But Hitler is well known for his hatred of the Jews, Romani, disabled, gay, etc. people. So which one of these men has this quote attributed to him?

2. Women

"Woman's world is her husband, her family, her children and her home. We do not find it right when she presses into the world of men"

Trump's treatment of women is very well documented, and Hitler's traditionalist views created difficulty for women, but which man said this?

3. Elections

"Success is the sole...judge of right and wrong"

Trump and Hitler both lied to their constituents and used fear and terrorism to created a large fan and voter base. So with that in mind, who could have said this?

4. The Nation

"[We] will either be a world power or will not be at all"

Nationalism is 100 percent of the stage that these men stand on and without that nationalism neither would have risen so quickly.

The fact is that these are all quotes from Adolf Hitler that mirror quotes that we have heard from Donald Trump in the past few months. This is no longer a joke--and hasn't been for sometime now, so it's important we think about this.

Trump quotes that mirror Hitler's:

1. Immigration

“As has been stated continuously in the press, people are pouring across our borders unabated. Public reports routinely state great amounts of crime are being committed by illegal immigrants. This must be stopped and it must be stopped now."

2. Women

"If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?"

3. Elections

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters,"

4. The Nation

"[The military will] be so big, so strong, so powerful, nobody is going mess with us."

Do you want to be on the wrong side of history when your president starts mass deportations until that doesn't work anymore and then he keeps them in camps to wait until they can be deported, but when that doesn't work they just start dying? Donald Trump may start as a democratically elected leader - but soon enough we could see a brand new Nazi party in America. The fact of the matter is that this is really happening even though we have a very specific historical example of why it's a bad idea. The America that Trump is trying to make wasn't great when it started and won't be great now, make Donald Drumpf again instead!