Chuck Tingle: An Interview With The Internet Enigma

The gay erotica writer is famous for his "tingler" stories.

123
Amazon

Chuck Tingle is a hilarious mystery — an Internet gem that cannot be explained. He started publishing his short form gay erotica stories on Amazon last December — “tinglers,” as he calls them. Tinglers feature dinosaurs, unicorns, flying butts or inanimate objects as title characters with sexual agency. The stories themselves are so over-the-top that one would think Tingle was a self-proclaimed comedy writer. And yet, Tingle’s Internet presence is just a grammar-less conglomeration of hyper-sexualized faux-meta (or very meta?) phrases and allusions to the characters that make up Tingle’s personal life: his son Jon, his neighbor and nemesis Ted Cobbler, and his late wife Barbara, who speaks to him from the dead. While Chuck Tingle shares much about his personal life and thoughts on his various social media platforms, he remains an Internet enigma.

You’ve singlehandedly created an entire genre. What is a tingler, and what inspired you to write these kinds of stories?

tinglers are books that make all kiss the sky! they are proof that love is real (this is scentific proof like written in newspapers from all over the world.) most important part of a tingler is that it makes you tingle sometimes in your spine and sometimes in other places, makes you feel good on the inside like you want to hang out with a bud. Insperation comes from mediating out on the deck just thinking about what makes me a happy man and what it would be nice to kiss.

When you write, do you have a specific audience in mind?

audience for tinglers is real buckroos who understand that love is real. this is important because sometimes dark wizards try to make fake tinglers, problem is those dont show that LOVE IS REAL.

It’s been almost a year since you published your first tingler, "My Billionaire Triceratops Craves Gay Ass," on Amazon. How has your life changed in the past year?

when first tingler came out i thought it would just be one of those times when you make something nice and then it breaks and everyone laughs at you like in starbucks when you spill your chocolate milk. turns out TINGLERS make love real, so this is important. then the ball started rolling and everybody started saying "this is a real good book chuck makes me feel like a handsome man." everybody loves tinglers now even big time hollywood and BILLINGS NEWSPAPERS like this one name of Oddesey, so when I real about that now I think "thats nice to know that others like to kiss the sky" because sometimes when its lonely at night and I hear the train whistle I think "is the whole world in the palm of a dark wizard?" turns out anwser is no.

What’s your take on the Internet’s response to your work?

internet is BIG TIME FUN i like to use bing search a lot and look at NORMAL GUY STUFF like buds wrestling and that kind of thing but most of all i like that it makes tinglers available to all men who kiss and all who kiss the sky. without internet id just be a man holding some fries watching the fun train. so here i am now a famous man and i think "WHAT are you going to do next on the internet?" maybe start my own show name of Speical Report Billings, or maybe start an instagram page and show cute pictures. this is the way of the future you can show your BODY in any way online.

What’s something people don’t know about Chuck Tingle?

most people dont know what i am almost a black belt ive been working really hard and i think that maybe soon i can be a very advanced man in fighting combat. sometimes when ted cobbler is messing around casting dark spells on the neibhorhood i think "bet this guy dosnt know who hes messing with, probably has no idea that I can sneak in bushes like a real shadow or like a secret agent (like TOMS CRUZ in missions impossible). Some people also dont know that I am a big fan of sport (blue teams)

Closing remarks for Odyssey at NYU's readers?

yes. please remember that for holidays or any other gift between buds a PAPERBACK REALBOOK tingler is always the best. you can also get one for your boss and he will think you are a smart man, or your dad if he likes feelings strange about cute abs. maybe tingler named buttception this is for smart buckaroos at college like Odyssey paper.