6 Start-ups To Keep An Eye On

6 Start-ups To Keep An Eye On

People really have thought of everything.

13
6 Start-ups To Keep An Eye On
google image

1. The Dollar Shave Club

Website: https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/

This is a quirky business concept is catching more than just eyeballs. Guys, its a subscription service looking into improving your grooming habits to get that sharp, clean shave that girls love.

This business has climbed up the ladder in getting 2.2 million subscribers on board. For satisfying shaving needs for as low as $1 per month everything about this business seems unusual but helpful. There are also rumors that the company might expand into developing a host of services for its women clientele as well. So I am going to have my eyes on this one for a while!

2. Alfred!

Website: https://www.helloalfred.com/

I came across this while binging on some articles on The Entrepreneur a few weeks back. Ever imagine wanting a subscription to a personal butler? If yes, then call Alfred!

Alfred is a start-up from Harvard giving access a personal butler subscription to the ever busy young professionals out there. It's $99 a month for the ease of getting even the smallest of your tasks done. Sure I saw subscriptions for food and makeup make their way into the market, but a personal butler? It's just so specific in nature that I almost never knew people actually had a need for it.

In a day and age where everything literally tends to happen with a click of a button Alfred probably best translates that into action for one's perfect life.

3. Casper

Website: https://casper.com/

Ever had the terrible experience of setting up your new mattress in your new apartment by yourself? It probably leads to a tense few minutes with help from couple of friends to pick up the mattress from the truck, walking up the stairs and then getting frustrated about braking a lamp.

Casper is an all online mattress company which claims to have the most universally comfortable mattresses that get delivered to you for free in a box! The box is probably the answer to almost all the struggles that come with buying a new mattress and transporting it from the moving truck to your bedframe. The company very conveniently compresses the mattress in a box and has it ready for use as soon as you open it!

To top it all, Casper gives you a whopping 100-night trial and if you still don't like it, go for the free refund!

4. Trunk Club

Website: https://www.trunkclub.com/

When online shopping took over the world, everyone's patience with physically shopping for clothes went downhill. Trunk Club is a startup thats taking online clothing shopping to a whole new level.

I would love to have a stylist (and to some extent, need one) however, I can't even think of having one until I'm a successful 'real person' with money. Trunk Club breaks the stereotype that only rich people can have stylists, and provides a much affordable way of having a personal stylist.

When you register as a member and get a personal stylist, your shopping basket is custom made by your stylist according to your size, style and lifestyle. After getting a preview of the basket your trunk gets shipped to you. You have a 10-day period to try on and decide what you want, and then you can send back everything that you don't want for free.

5. Mink

Website: http://hellomink.com/

There came a time when people wanted the access to their beauty products regularly to avoid running out and making trips to CVS. That's when companies like BirchBox came to light as the potential solutions. Mink on the other hand is a start-up that gives consumers the tools they need to make their own beauty products--- which includes 3D printers obviously!

There has been a lot of speculation with 3D printing and it's compatibility with the people's lifestyle. Mink seems to have taken the plunge with the thought that there has to be a start sometime. So if you have a desire to quite literally create your own makeup from scratch, Mink has got you covered.

6. Fin

Website: http://www.finrobotics.com/

Fin is an Indian start-up bringing the concept of "sixth sense" technology to light. The wearable device makes your hand a remote control for the smallest of activities you do thus making your life truly digital.

Whether it is changing channels on the TV, controlling the music volume on your phone, or unlocking your car- Fin gives you the power to do that with just the flick of your finger. I'd probably feel like Harry Potter wearing it and I don't even need a wand.