30 Signs You Know You Went To Atascocita High School

Oh wait, I mean THE Atascocita High School.

402
Jo Beckman

Atascocita High School is a 6A high school in Humble, Texas and it is the best and the worst high school. I say that because any student that went there will tell you about how unfair the dress code is, how ridiculous some of the rules are, and other drama that occurs at the school. However, we also have the most school pride in our district and potentially our region and I absolutely loved it. As the school year comes to a close, I'm watching all of my Class of 2016 friends finish out their senior year and I want them to have so much fun! But also, don't forget where you came from and the memories you made at Atascocita High School.

1. You actually went to "THE" Atascocita High School as our higher ups refer to it.

2. People pronounced it as "At-a-sco-sha." Not even close you guys.

3. Kingwood games were lit because everyone hates Kingwood.

4. Your wardrobe consists of only the colors red, white, and blue.

5. Red, white, and blue never looked better on anyone else

6. Mr. Davis's pep-rally dances and chants made your Fridays better.

7. You don't get into fights; you get into Kerfuffles.

8. Running to lunch because there weren't enough seats for everyone during your lunch block.

9. Julie Sample called you a gate.

10. You survived "five-minute" announcement hour with Mr. Perkins.

11. Letter jackets were second nature

12. Fatheads were essential to any sporting event.

13. You couldn't put "FK" on any social media...but you did anyway.

14. The Patriettes are the equivalent of a college sorority.

15. In freshman year World Geography you watched the movie "Lagan".

16. Walking through Main Street was almost impossible because 3,000+ students are crammed in a one-way hall with only seven minutes to get to class.

17. John Gillespie was the only reason you made it out of US History alive

18. Your prom venue was better than everyone else's in the district

19. Having "B' lunch during a test was the biggest blessing on planet earth.

20. Your history teacher doubled as your coach.

21. Homecoming was always fun and class rivalry is never stronger.

22. Except at pep rallies when the Seniors always won the spirit stick.

23. Cheryl Bersch gave you a D-hall because you were out of dress code.

24. If you acted like you knew what you were doing, you could go almost anywhere without the AP's questioning you.

25. The football games would not be the same without the band.

26. Class officers were set in stone from the beginning of freshman year, so pick wisely.

27. For the choir folks, singing in the Rotunda was like a present on Christmas morning from Mr. Weir.

28. Money never goes as quickly except when NHS sells the flavored popcorn.

29. Being in the Top 10 is a big deal because every graduating class has about 700+ students.

30. You graduated in the same arena that the Houston Texans play and the Houston Rodeo is held at.