An Open Letter To All The Disney Lovers

An Open Letter To All The Disney Lovers

Dream big, dream crazy, dream Disney.

13
An Open Letter To All The Disney Lovers

Whether you're a collector of Disney items, a known visitor of Disneyland, or just someone who knows every word to all the Disney movies we all love, to all my fellow Disney lovers, this one's for you.

Dear Disney lovers,

First, let me say you aren't alone. There are billions of us across the world who all share your same obsession. Do you guys ever get weird looks when you burst out in a Disney song? Or you talk about how your favorite movie is a Disney movie? Or maybe when you wear that Disney shirt that you just love, but sadly, nobody else does? Well, don't worry, I get those looks too. But the thing is, there's a real reason why we love Disney, and it's something that many people can't and will never understand.

We dream of Neverland and flying high with Peter Pan. Who wouldn't love a chance to never grow up, or to be surrounded by fairies? Peter Pan was living the life. He could be careless and enjoyed himself. So it's OK to want to be like him, and truth be told, I think there's a tiny piece inside all of us who wish we could be in Neverland. Who wouldn't want to be a Lost Boy and get the chance to fight Captain Hook? To fly next to your friends and family? We ask ourselves a lot whether or not we believe in things. Peter Pan believed, and looked where it got him! A carefree, happy life where he never grows old and can fly from place to place. Don't you dare tell me he isn't living the life.

We adore the fact that love always finds a way to conquer all in Disney. Belle looked past the Beast's imperfections. Those who think I am forever alone, just think, if the Beast and his whole castle full of friends had to wait for years to find love, we can do it, too! "Frozen" showed us that the perfect guy is where we least expect him to be, and that "the One" will be there when we least expect it. And he will travel through hell and back to be with you. And all the other ones who have caused you pain will no longer hurt you.

We believe in miracles, thanks to Cinderella. We viewed our prom as the one night we got to be her. The saying "if the shoe fits" has a completely different meaning for Disney lovers. We constantly find ourselves trying to squeeze into situations that don't work out. When the shoe fits, it's a sign that everything will be OK and perfect. If Cinderella, who was nothing but a maid, can find true love, that shows that even the girl who feels like nobody has ever noticed her has an amazing guy out there, waiting to ride to her front door on a horse, and slip her foot into a shoe that fits perfectly.

Snow White shows us that even the oddest people can still find family. The dwarves were weird little guys that were all work and no play, but they still supported each other. They showed that even though they were all very different, they all could still come together as one. Snow White left us in a spot where every night, we cross our fingers that we will be woken up with a kiss from our prince. But no matter what, Snow White never left those she loved behind, so no matter how great of a guy he is, never leave your loved ones behind for him.

Watching and dreaming about Disney puts us in a Wonderland. A place where we dream of talking animals and flying carpets. Disney is not only for all ages to enjoy, but each movie teaches a valuable lesson. Whether it be love, faith, trust, or family. Disney shows us that it's OK to be different, it's OK to dream the impossible, it's OK to fear monsters and to love, to cherish, and to enjoy those around us.

"A dream is a wish your heart makes."

So Disney lovers, dream big, bigger, and then dream LARGE! Think the impossible, find your pixie dust, and fly far far away to Neverland, because with a little Disney, there's nothing stopping us now.