A Letter To My Best Friend

A Letter To My Best Friend

1121
A Letter To My Best Friend

To my best friends out there, my constant supporters and the ones I know I can’t live without.

Here are some things I want you to know: 

Hey there, Long time no talk. That’s a lie, I’m probably texting you as we speak. Isn’t that weird? How we talk basically every day, and we always still have so much to say? I know I do. I’ll be walking around thinking of something and then I’ll laugh to myself thinking, “God I should text her, she’d get it.” Which you always do. You always understand. 

As a matter of fact, I don’t think I’ve come to you about something you didn’t get. Sure, you aren’t always on my side, but that is a good thing. I need someone to show me what I should do, not what I think I should do. 

Speaking of that, thanks for always thinking what I have to tell you is important. Even if it’s not. Even if I’m mad about the dumbest thing, I’ve never felt a problem was too little to tell you. And I hope you know the same goes for you, I’ll take everything you tell me and treat it with the care it deserves. I’ll let you know if you are being dumb (as will you when it comes to me), I’ll let you know what whatever you are feeling is okay, I’ll be there for you, I hope you know that. 

Geez, isn’t being an adult scary? Terrifying actually. Who knew it could be this hard. It’s like all the issues I’m dealing with are way smaller, but there are so many of them. Boys being one of them. Aren’t they dumb? Thanks for always being on my side when it comes to them. You make me feel less crazy, even if I’m not. Thanks for telling me he’s an asshole, even if I just overreacted. 

Thanks for discussing in detail the depths of our personal lives, even if they think we are too close. Which we aren’t, what is considered too close anyway? Having our periods sync up, if so we are screwed. We PMS at the same time. 

Thanks for taking care of me that night when I got a little to drunk, and all the nights in between. Thanks for finishing that bottle of wine with me because, why would I do it alone when I could drink it with you? Thanks for staying up gossiping even though you have to study. That’s what best friends do right? 

What even is a best friend. According to Google it’s: someone with whom one shares the strongest possible kind of friendship. Strongest possible kind of friendship, that is a good way to put it. I don’t know anyone else with a friendship I have that is stronger. I don’t know anyone else who would drop anything for me, or that I would drop anything for like that. 

By the way, thanks for calling my boyfriend or talking to him when I can’t. You always seem to be the words I need when I can’t speak. I guess that is what a best friend is, someone strong. Which is the epitome of you. The strongest person I know, the most dedicated, someone that I am incredibly proud of. Sounds like we are in a bad episode of Friends doesn’t it? (Wrong there is not bad episode of Friends) Feels kind of cheesy doesn’t it? Me telling you how I don’t know what I’d do without you? Well it’s true. 

So what is a best friend, well it’s you obviously, but what about you. A best friend will be there on your hard days, your good days, your bad days, your bitchy days, the hungover days, the stressed days and all in between. She’ll be a shoulder to cry on, a person to laugh with, an extra hand to drink with, someone to sing terribly with, an honest opinion, an objective one, a motivator, a study buddy. She’ll be the one you’ll call when you get engaged, the one you call when you can’t think of anything else to say, the one you call to tell you its okay to buy the chocolate you’re looking at in the store, the one to tell you to go to the gym. 

But most of all, on the days you can’t walk and the days you can’t speak, she will pick you up and help you to walk again, she will teach you the words you didn’t know you had and help you on your way. So on the days you feel like you can’t get up, and you have no one to help or be there for you, look to her. A best friend will always be there to welcome you home. And that’s you. 

Thanks for helping me in ways I couldn’t imagine. 

Love ya, see ya soon.