Donald Trump: A Sexist Bigot

Donald Trump: A Sexist Bigot

15 of Trump's most demented comments about women.

70
Donald Trump: A Sexist Bigot
Amateur Idiot Professional Dad

As the 2016 presidential election draws nearer, it's more important than ever to remain educated on the potential candidates and their beliefs.

It is our responsibility as Americans to vote for someone who has not only the intelligence to run our country, but who will do so in a moral and tolerant way. It is obvious that “moral” and “tolerant” are two words that could in no way describe Donald Trump.

Basically all of the opinions that Trump expresses are incredibly problematic, but one of the most disturbing aspects of Mr. Trump’s character is his complete and utter lack of respect towards women.

He seems to believe that women are only capable of being either manipulative gold-diggers or property, and objects simply meant to be gazed upon and admired.

As if those skewed viewpoints were not enough, Trump is constantly degrading women by gauging their worth based on their sex appeal. Some of Trump’s most ridiculous, disrespectful and sexist statements are as follows:

1. “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media writes as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”

Good to know that you respect your partner as an intelligent human being, Trump.

2. “If I were running "The View," I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”

Yes, because the best way to deal with people who oppose your policies is to attack their physical appearance.

3. “All of the women on "The Apprentice" flirted with me -- consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”

He really must be delusional if he believes that all women are attracted to him.

4. “I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

This is wrong on so many levels.

5. “I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I’m more honest and my women are more beautiful.”

I'm not sure if he is actually aware that women are not property to own.

6. "The only card [Hillary Clinton] has is the woman's card. She's got nothing else to offer and frankly, if Hillary Clinton were a man, I don't think she'd get 5 percent of the vote. The only thing she's got going is the woman's card, and the beautiful thing is, women don't like her."

Although Hillary Clinton is not my first choice in the upcoming election, speaking as a woman, I can say that she has a whole lot more to offer than Trump does.

7. “If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?”

Are you serious?

8. “I know where she went, it's disgusting, I don't want to talk about it . . . No, it's too disgusting. Don't say it, it's disgusting.”

This was a comment made about the fact that Hillary Clinton went to the restroom.

9. “Beauty and elegance, whether in a woman, a building, or a work of art, is not just superficial or something pretty to see.”

Women. Aren't. Objects.

10. “It’s certainly not groundbreaking news that the early victories by the women on "The Apprentice" were, to a very large extent, dependent on their sex appeal.”

God forbid he give women credit for their intelligence.

11. “Women have one of the great acts of all time. The smart ones act very feminine and needy, but inside they are real killers. The person who came up with the expression ‘the weaker sex’ was either very naive or had to be kidding. I have seen women manipulate men with just a twitch of their eye — or perhaps another body part.”

Who hurt you, Trump?

12. “Women find his power almost as much of a turn-on as his money.”

No, this isn't a mistake. Trump referred to himself in the third person to make this statement.

13. “There are basically three types of women and reactions. One is the good woman who very much loves her future husband, solely for himself, but refuses to sign the agreement on principle. I fully understand this, but the man should take a pass anyway and find someone else. The other is the calculating woman who refuses to sign the prenuptial agreement because she is expecting to take advantage of the poor, unsuspecting sucker she’s got in her grasp. There is also the woman who will openly and quickly sign a prenuptial agreement in order to make a quick hit and take the money given to her.”

Way to put women into sexist little boxes.

14. “It must be a pretty picture. You dropping to your knees.”

This was said to a woman appearing on 'The Apprentice.' Very professional.

15. “You’re disgusting.”

Trump spat this little phrase at a woman for pumping breast milk -- a completely natural and innocent thing.

It is 2016, and although there are many obstacles to gender equality that still need to be overcome, I was under the impression that we as a society had moved past such blatant disrespect towards women. The last thing America needs is a leader that would like to single-handedly push feminism back 50 years.