Candidate Profile: Colton Anderson

Candidate Profile: Colton Anderson

Who will be True Blue enough to become prez?

17
Candidate Profile: Colton Anderson
@ColtonTAnderson

Well guys and gals, the Student Government Association elections are upon us. We currently have two people running for the coveted title of SGA presidents, Madison Tracy and Colton Anderson. We here at the Odyssey have chosen to give our fair readers the opportunity to read up on these SGA presidential candidates. This article here that you are reading will be on the platform and details of Colton Anderson. If you would like to read up on Madison Tracy's platform and details, then be on the look out this week for that article as well. Voting for the SGA elections run from April 11th through April 14th and you can go vote at www.mtsu.edu/mymt. So if you feel inclined to cast a vote, you may certainly do so!

I had the opportunity to interview Mr. Anderson and ask him the questions we all want answers to before casting our votes. Here is our interview:

Why Are You Running?

I am running because I believe that I am the candidate of the people and I want the opportunity to represent MTSU and give back to this great campus.

What Is Your Platform?

My platform is as follows:

1. Further promote MT Engage in order to increase the value of a degree earned from MTSU.

2. Increase the number of senators on student government to allow for representation for not only college's but for organizations here at MTSU, such as representation for students with disabilities.

3. Revise the current Signature Events initiative to remove the exclusive to MTSU students option and include an option for public purchase of tickets by public.

What Would You Make A Good President?

I have spent the past three years here at MTSU deeply involved in the students and campus around me. In my time at MTSU, I have had the experience of living on campus my freshman year, working with groups such as Phi Kappa Tau as their Recruitment Chairman, Campus Outreach ministries as a member, Gamma Lota Sigma as their Executive Board Student Government Representative, Student Government as a Senator, MTSU Fraternity and Sorority Life as an Orientation Officer, and at the Pointe at Raiders Campus, a local apartment complex for college students, as the Community Assistant.

The lifestyle I have lived these past three years has allowed me to experience most of what MTSU has to offer. With that experience, I have learned what MTSU wants and what MTSU needs. I would make a great president because I am of the people I represent.

Why Should People Vote For You?

People should vote for me because I give them a piece of themselves with myself. As I stated in answer three, I am the candidate of the people at MTSU. Therefore, a vote for me is a guarantee their best interest would be met under my supervision. Also, I am a leader who will carry out the task presented to be. I get results.

How Can You Make MTSU Better?

There are many ways and ideas to make MTSU a better place, but the only real way to make MTSU a better place is to be a candidate who produces results. While being involved in executive positions in multiple student organizations, I have proven that I can translate any idea or goal into reality. My goals are listed in my platform, but the real answer to achievement is found in my long history of successful endeavors.

How Do You Represent The Views And Values Of MTSU?

The values and views of MTSU can be found in our Mission Statement, "The university generates, preserves, and disseminates knowledge and innovation and uses scholarship to enhance teaching and public service." I feel that I represent these values by how I go about my everyday life. I am a hard worker who values his academics. I work with my organizations to innovate new ways to be successful. I have learned from my time at MTSU ways to become a better public servant.

Can You Effectively Represent All Students While Also Being Greek And Show No Bias?

If there is one thing I am most sure of, it is that I can effectively represent all students at MTSU without any bias. Being "Greek" does not cause one to develop a bias. As a Greek, I rely on the students of MTSU to guide my decisions. Without everyone at the university working as a whole, my involvement in any specific organization would be pointless. I am involved here at MTSU far beyond Greek life and this enables me to lead without bias.

Well there you have it, folks! Remember, if you want to vote for either Colton or Madison,you will go to www.mtsu.edu/mymt to cast your vote and voting ends this week on April 14th. I hope that both candidate profiles have shed some light on both candidates. It is the future of MTSU that we hold in our hands this week so read up and vote wisely!