20 Signs That You're From Connecticut

20 Signs That You're From Connecticut

Are you a nutmegger?

101
20 Signs That You're From Connecticut

People from Connecticut all share a common bond. We all understand the pain of being called the state in-between New York City and Boston, people thinking you live in a big mansion, and asking what exactly is in Connecticut. But it's the place you call home, so here are just a few signs that you are a nutmeger!

1. There is a divide between Boston and New York sports teams.

Forever one of the biggest battles and debates in the state!

2. You probably went to or lived really close to a prestigious prep school.

Miss Porter's, Avon Old Farms, Kingswood Oxford, Watkinson, Ethel Walker ... the list goes on and on.

3. You were most likely dragged to a historical house on a field trip.

Mark Twain, Noah Webster, Harriet Beecher Stowe, you name it we were dragged there!

4. People assume you're rich (which isn't always true).

Nope! News flash we aren't all filthy rich (but some people are).

5. People have asked if your town is anything like "Gilmore Girls."

Again no! We all didn't grow up in cut little towns that had hay bail mazes and pumpkin patches.

6. You know that New Haven is home of the best pizza.

No debating this fact!

7. You will always bleed blue and and cheer for Uconn basketball!

GO HUSKIES! YAAA BASKETBALL! CHAMPIONS!!!!

8. Most people you know own a beach house.

Od Saybrook, Guilford, Westbrook, Clint — someone you knew for sure had a beach house in one of these towns!

9. For some reason you own at least one piece of Vineyard Vines clothing.

Its practically a state law!!

10. You have either had a very good or very bad experience at the Xfinity theater.

You either had an amazing time tailgating with all your high school friends or you were too hammered to actually listen to the concert.

11. And you have probably seen a Dave Mathews concert at the Xfinity theater.

Everyone does it!

12. There seemed to be a dress code of Chubbies shorts and Sperrys.

Yup, this is the classic style for most of the guys you know!

13. You have taken a hike up to the Heublein Tower.

And you for sure took a great Insta pic of your hike!

14. You have seen a Rockcats game.

These cats rock!!!

15. You dreaded the CAPT's and CMT's

So many bubbles to fill in, so little time.

16. There is ALWAYS a Dunks within five minutes of you.

And no matter how cold it got you always drank iced coffee.

17. Escaping to Boston or NYC always seemed like a great idea.

Why not hop a train to Grand Central?

18. You admit that Hartford is an excuse for a city.

Sorry Hartford, but you just aren't a city!

19. At some point you have thought Connecticut was extremely boring.

There are days you wish you lived somewhere much more exciting.

20. But for some reason you still call CT home, and know it will always hold a place in your heart.

No matter where in Connecticut you'er from, you know it will always be your home!