Six Places To Eat That We Need On Route 1

Your wallet may not thank you, but your taste buds sure would.

6

Think you spend too much money eating out now? Just imagine if these six places were added to Route 1.

Look out, Happy Valley. If we had these on Route 1, it could really rival any school’s downtown area.

1. Insomnia Cookies

If you ask me, Insomnia Cookies are among the best ideas in all of creation: they will deliver homemade, delicious cookies to you until 3 a.m. Just what you need when you’re getting in late or stuck at the library studying.

2. Panera Bread

Yes, we have one a little ways down the road, but not within walking distance. I really don’t know how I’ve survived without a mac and cheese bread bowl within walking distance up until now.

3. Fractured Prune

Bagel Place is our only real breakfast place, unless you want to go to a sit-down place like iHOP or Denny’s. Fractured Prune is not only amazing, but it brings back memories of the beach and summer. Those not from the Maryland/Delaware area who have never experienced the wonder that is Fractured Prune would be put into paradise.

4. Another pizza place

Because Slices, Ratsie’s, DP Dough, Jumbo Slice, Domino’s and Papa John’s just isn’t enough options anymore. Maybe they could open a place that is open between the hours of midnight and 7 a.m.? Having to rush out of a party to go get pizza at the end of a long night shouldn’t be a thing.

5. A local place (or five)

Currently, Route 1 is mainly comprised of chains. With a few College Park-only cafés and small restaurants, it could go from just another road to Happy Valley-esque. Which would you prefer to reminisce about when you think about the good old college days: your favorite local spot or Five Guys?

6. Whole Foods

The fact that there isn’t a large organic grocery store near campus just makes me think they want us to gain thirty pounds. Who “they” is, I’m not really sure. But I know they’re out there. Maybe the fact that I just got done suggesting five other unhealthy food places come to Route 1 is counterproductive, but that’s beside the point.