24-hour Eats in the City That Never Sleeps

13
New York Serious Eats

If you read my last article, Cocktails Under the Stars in New York City, then by now you have already planned your weekend out in New York for cocktails with beautiful views of the Empire State Building and other iconic Manhattan landmarks. If so, then you will want to post-game the club or bar at 4 a.m. before heading to bed. Below are seven 24-hour restaurants to end your night right in the city that never sleeps.

1. L’Express- If you happen to be coming from the Gansevoort Park Rooftop, you should pop over to L’express- a 10-minute walk or a five-minute cab ride. This French bistro blends the styles of southern and northern French cuisine and if you want to keep the party going, they offer great cocktails and a wide array of beers. Whether you are craving mac and cheese or an omelette, a stop here on the way home will satisfy your drunk munchies. 249 Park Ave. S.

2. French Roast- Another 24-hour French eatery, stumble into one of two locations at the end of your Saturday night bar hopping. From high-scale dishes like steak au poivre and mussels provencale to more typical late night snacks such as grilled cheeses with ham or eggs, you will go to bed that night with a full stomach. 2340 Broadway and 78 W. 11th St. 

3. Cafeteria- Chelsea’s hotspot, featured on Sex & the City, has some delicious signature mac and cheese dishes, all smothered in cheddar cheese with the option to add fontina or gouda and bacon. The parmesan truffle fries are also worth the inevitable wait you will face, even at 4 a.m. 119 7th Ave. 

4. Empanada Mama- One of the king’s of late-night eats, this restaurant has been around for nearly a decade and serves up Latin American signature dishes around the clock. If you’re craving more of a sweet dish then be sure to order the dessert empanadas with Belgian milk chocolate and bananas, apples and cinnamon and mozzarella and plantains. 763 9th Ave. 

5. Velselka- End your late night with some comfort food. This Ukrainian joint serves Pierogis stuffed with your choice of potato, cheese, meat, spinach and cream cheese, sauerkraut and mushroom or arugula & goat cheese. 144 Second Ave.

6.Coppelia- Serving up Latin breakfast and dinner dishes until all hours of the night, stop by for stir-fried dishes of beef or steak and if you can still handle it, try their signature Cuban-style mojitos. 201 W. 14th St. 2.     

7. Empire Biscuit- If a breakfast biscuit is what you are craving as the sun comes up on your way home, then stop by Empire Biscuit for warm biscuits stuffed with jam and foie gras, ham and eggs or chocolate and cayenne butter with coffee whipped cream. 198 Ave. A