6 Thoughts Everyone Has At The Gym

6 Thoughts Everyone Has At The Gym

Keep working on that beach body.

158
6 Thoughts Everyone Has At The Gym

My second week back at Marquette University as a senior (woo-hoo!) and I'm pretty impressed with my gym attendance. During these past two weeks, I've experienced quite a few things that inspired this article.

1. Whether you're a beginner or professional, some days working out is hard

Everyone has those days where they don't necessarily feel like going to the gym, but do anyways. The real struggle arises when you're running on the treadmill. You feel completely and utterly proud of yourself to have gone to the gym in the first place, and now your endurance is kicking butt. You're jamming out to your music until you look up to see how much time has passed and your heart nearly bursts because what you thought was 10 minutes was only two. Basically, you need to program Jillian Michaels (woman in the gif above) words into your head for your next workout.

2.You see things you wish you never had

After you get through the whole "how-much-time-has-passed" debacle, you conjure up whatever inner motivation you have and keep on working out. For some reason, everyone just kind of tends to doze off at the gym. Sometimes this entails looking around, but looking at nothing in particular. It is at this point you usually see something you wish you never had. For example, I had the unfortunate pleasure of witnessing something truly disgusting: seeing someone getting off a machine and not even bothering to clean it off. I cringe whenever I see someone do this. So, if you are an avid gym-goer, then I suggest you clean off your machine BEFORE and AFTER.

3. You think you're getting in a good workout until someone shows off

How awful does it feel when you are putting your heart into your workout, going at it 100 percent, until you see some guy/girl right beside you doing some intense workout? You then begin to think, "I need to step my game up." Just don't throw yourself right into it because you might end up hurting yourself...

4.Conversations at the gym

Who really goes to the gym to discuss their day and problems? The answer to that question should be: NO ONE. Yet, people actually go to the gym thinking it is a place to talk about their feelings. I'm sorry, but I'm trying to get into my zone over here and hearing about your life isn't helping whatsoever. Be sure to bring headphones. Every. Single. Time.

5.The gym is crowded...yet again.

Does it feel like every time you go to the gym, everyone at Marquette decided to go, too? If you are a victim to this, join the club. Nothing is more annoying than when you are amped up about your workout, but the machine you wanted is taken, or even worse, every machine is taken. All I'm saying is both gyms should take reservation requests. That is the dream.

6. Should I even bother?

Before all of these factors make you quit the gym all together, remember all the progress you've made thus far. Don't give up now! Doesn't it feel great waking up sore the day after a long workout? Remember that feeling the next time you want to skip the gym. And if you need some more motivation, keep in mind that there are only 295 days until summer. So, keep working on that beach body.