A Letter To My Future First Boyfriend

A Letter To My Future First Boyfriend

Are you the Jim to my Pam?

574
A Letter To My Future First Boyfriend

Dear Vinny (I’m gonna call you Vinny),

You did it! You’ve managed to catch my attention, make me laugh and treat me as a boyfriend should. I’m so stoked that I get to finally call someone mine and you can call me yours. Even though you think the world of me right now, I need you to know that it’s not going to be easy. I don’t want to scare you off; it’s just that due to my lack of high school and early college experience in the dating department, it won’t be a smooth ride at first on the “Us Bus.”

First off, there’s a good chance I’ll act as if I’m in high school. What I mean by that is, I might be clingy, I’ll hells for sure be inexperienced and, of course, I’ll be awkward af. When I say these things, don’t get concerned. It’s just that since I’ve never had someone call me “babe,” hold my hand, cuddle or kiss me, I’m going to want it more than the average Joe.

If you expect me to make the first moves, you might be a little disappointed since I’ve never made a first move before (besides grabbing the last piece of pizza at the dinner table). In addition, when we do get to the intimate parts of our relationship, I might make it weird because I suck at romantic cues. This will most likely trickle down in time, but if you have patience with me, it’ll be worth it.

Vinny, there’s a good chance I’ll overthink everything I say when we first start dating. I’ll probably wonder why you’re with me when you could’ve had anyone else. Every time I say something that’s weird, awkward or inappropriate I’m going to think you’re writing the first draft of your break up text shortly after your drop me off at my place. Or even better, when you take seven years to text me back, I will I sit there like a freak thinking of the million things I did to you from the time we started interacting till now.

Since I’ve been telling you all of the stressful things you’ll have to deal with (at least in the beginning) let me tell you about the good things that will come from dating me.

We’ll basically have the same relationship as Jim and Pam from The Office. It’ll be one of my main goals to make you laugh at least once a day because knowing my taste you'll have a killer smile that I'll always want to see. I'll probably be one of those boyfriends that'll randomly decide to come in while you're working and bring you lunch because I want to make sure my partner in crime has something to eat. And, of course, an unlimited amount of nose kisses and hugs from behind just because I think it's cute, OK?

Along with that, I also want to go on many trips with you. Whether it’s hiking, going to a museum, walking in the city, going on a road trip or even taking an adventure to get pizza for our movie night, I want to see new things with you by my side. My friends say I give great hugs and my grandma thinks I’m a winner so you’ll have those facts to back up of how great of a person I am as well.

There’s one last thing I need to tell you, Vinny, before I go. Even if (IF) we don’t work out, in the end, I’m glad I was with you for the time being. Whether it ends on a good note or a bad note I think we’ll both gain something from each other. Sometimes we need to date a few people to find out what we actually want in life. If we’re not the right match in the long run, then at least we both helped each other make it closer to getting the men we both deserve. I can’t wait to meet you and I’m excited to see where this goes!

See you soon,

Matt