18 Times Taylor Swift's Lyrics Are Genius

26

I think almost every girl can agree that Taylor Swift speaks the truth. Here's 18 examples of her honest, encouraging, sometimes harsh lyrics that have in some way, shape or form been a part of our lives.

For the girls with a crazy ex-boyfriend...

"There's no time for tears, I'm just sitting here planning my revenge. There's nothing stopping me from going out with all of your best friends. And if you come around saying sorry to me, my daddy's gonna show you how sorry you'll be."

For the girls that need confidence...

"Seems the only one who doesn't see your beauty is the face in the mirror looking back at you. You walk around here thinking you're not pretty, but that's not true, cause I know you..."

For the girls that are fearless with love...

"And I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and drag me head first - fearless. And I don't know why but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress - fearless."

For the girls getting a new beginning in high school...

"Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you, you're gonna believe them. And when you're fifteen and your first kiss makes your head spin around. But in your life you'll do things greater than dating the boy on the football team. But I didn't know it at fifteen."

For the girls that feel invisible...

"She wears high heels, I wear sneakers. She's cheer captain, and I'm on the bleachers. Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time."

For the girls that need to find strength...

"But you don't have to call anymore, I won't pick up the phone. This is the last straw, don't wanna hurt anymore. And you can tell me that you're sorry, but I don't believe you baby like I did before. You're not sorry."

For the girls that owe their parents a thank you...

"Now I know why all the trees change in the fall. I know you were on my side, even when I was wrong. And I love you for giving me your eyes, staying back and watching me shine. And I didn't know if you knew, so I'm taking this chance to say that I had the best day with you today."

For the girls who need motivation to fight for what they believe in...

"Tonight we stand, get off our knees, fight for what we’ve worked for all these years. And the battle was long, it’s the fight of our lives, but we’ll stand up champions tonight."

For the girls that are just plain crazy...

"I am not the kind of girl who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion, but you are not the kind of boy who should be marrying the wrong girl."

For the girls that work endlessly to prove him wrong...

"All you are is mean, and a liar, and pathetic, and alone in life. And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean."

For the girls that are plotting revenge this very second...

"She's not a saint, and she's not what you think. She's an actress, whoa. She's better known for the things that she does on the mattress, whoa. Soon she's gonna find stealing other people's toys on the playground won't make you many friends. She should keep in mind there is nothing I do better than revenge."

For the girls that found their Superman...

"I watch superman fly away. You've got a busy day today. Go save the world, I'll be around. I watch superman fly away. Come back, I'll be with you someday. I'll be right here on the ground when you come back down."

For the girls that are living in the moment...

"We're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time. It's miserable and magical. Tonight's the night when we forget about the deadlines."

For the girls that realized they deserve better...

"We are never, ever, ever getting back together. You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me, but we are never, ever, ever, ever getting back together."

For the girls that can be honest with themselves...

"And I just wanna tell you, it takes everything in me not to call you. And I wish I could run to you, and I hope you know that every time I don't, I almost do."

For the girls who just don't care what you think anymore...

"Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play. And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake. I shake it off, I shake it off."

For the girls that keep a positive attitude in heartbreak...

"The best people in life are free."

For the girls that finally get what they deserve...

"One night he wakes, strange look on his face, pauses, then says 'you're my best friend.' And you knew what it was - he is in love."