10 Things Every Florida State Student Wants For Christmas

7

This will be my last time going home for Christmas break as an undergraduate student at The Florida State University. I have come to realize that there is a direct correlation between the number of years you spend in school and the amount of time you spend back at home; as the years rack up, so does your workload and responsibilities. This year, while I am just thankful to be around family, there are a few things that I, as an FSU student and Seminole fan, would love to get this year for Christmas.

1. A signed Jameis Winston jersey. Actually, anything signed from the starting lineup, Jimbo Fisher, or heck, even Red Lightning will do. We are one proud Seminole Nation. 

2. For ESPN to stop blatantly favoring the SEC and quit hating on Jameis Winson. From accusing Winston of point shaving to saying he is making money from his autographs, it has gotten out of control. No matter what FSU does, they will never match up to the SEC in the eyes of E(SEC)PN.

3. Access to an unlimited parking pass. No more stalking people as they come into the parking garage, no more having to walk everywhere because the garages fill up by 9 a.m. 

4. Chick-fil-A open on Sunday. A chicken biscuit with a side of hash browns would really come in clutch after a Saturday night out in Tallahassee. 

5. Newly elected President, John Thrasher, puts a Chipotle on campus. FSU made big power moves by putting a Chick-fil-A on campus this year, but it won’t be complete until we are able to order a burrito bowl just steps away from William Johnston Building. 

6. Bicyclists on campus slow their roll for just one day. This isn’t the Tour De France, people; calm it down. 

7. Inn Between and Paradigm come back. #RIP. Casual nights at Inn Between and happy hours at Paradigm are a time of the past, but we sure do miss them. You've got to love all that Collegetown has to offer, but there is something about that hallway of a bar that brings the class of 2015 back to our freshman year. 

8. Malls in Tallahassee are completely revamped. Don’t get me wrong, I was so excited when an H&M came to Tallahassee. But, please, for the love, completely renovate the Tallahassee Mall and Governor’s Square. We need a Nordstrom, and an Apple store to fix all of our Macbook crises. 

9. Free college football playoff tickets. Regardless of what team we are playing, or where the playoff game may be -- fingers crossed that I will be taking a New Year's trip to Nola. We all want to go.

10. Back to back national championship. This goes without saying. We have been hearing the slogan, “Dallas to Dallas” for a while, now, but all any Florida State student wants for Christmas is another National Championship win!