12 Cheap Ways To Have The Best Spring Break In Saint Augustine

Cheap (or free) ideas for fun in Saint Augustine, Florida.

197
staugustinebeachpier.com

As poor college students, spring break can be a drag. Plane tickets, hotels, concerts and so much more begin to add up and soon we look at our bank accounts and wonder what we could have done differently.

Here are 12 ways to make spring break in Saint Augustine exciting while still staying under budget!

1. Have a picnic at Vilano Beach.

We all love food and the beach, that is one of the best things about Saint Augustine – great food and amazing beaches all within our reach! So pick up a sub, (Subway or Publix are both extremely convenient) and head to Vilano Beach! It’s a short car ride or a good bike ride away!
Cost is $5.69 for a sub.

2. Dancing at Centro (Piano Bar).

Centro is one of few 18-plus clubs where Flagler students can show off their moves. It is located on King Street, which is walking distance from campus. Make sure to say hello to DJ Brainwrek!
Cost is $3 if you are under 21.

3. Tasty treats on St. George Street!

St. George Street has some of the best food – especially desserts – that money can buy! If you’re in the mood for some popsicles, Hyppo offers a 10 percent discount for Flagler Students. Killiwin’s also has some of the best ice cream, fudge and candy apples that money can buy! Cost is $3.50 to $6.

4. Beach hopping.

Beach hopping requires a car but is still one of the cheapest ways to have fun in Northern Florida simply because there are endless unique beaches along the coast. Some favorites are Saint Augustine Beach, Palm Coast, Vilano Beach and Micklers.
Cost is only the gas money!

5. Get your seafood fix in Saint Augustine!

Get a group together one night and splurge at some of the best seafood restaurants in Florida -- Harry’s, Salt Life, Mango Mango and Sunset Grille.
Cost is round $15 per person.

6. Watch the sunrise on the pier.

Saint Augustine pier has one of the best views of the sunrise in all of the east coast. Wake up early and drive down for an amazing view!
Cost is only $1 per person for pier access.

7. Enoing in the Palm Garden.

You’ve seen people do it during the school year, now it’s your turn! Hang up as many enos as you can after a day of beach hopping for one of the best naps you’ll ever take at Flagler College.
Cost is free.

8. Beach Camping at Anastasia National Park.

Every Flagler Student should go beach camping at least once in their career at Flagler. It requires a tent, sleeping bag and some other preparations, but is completely worth it! Try waking up with the sun and reading a book on the beach, thank me later!
Cost is $28.00 a night, so split it with a group of friends!

9. Geocaching in Saint Augustine.

Geocaching is one of the best free ways to have fun in any town. All it requires is a car and the Geocaching app. The app uses your location to give you a coordinate that you must go to in order to find a hidden item, such as a small box or container with a journal recording everyone who has found the spot before you. Geocaching is basically a modern-day treasure hunt, what better place to do it than the great Saint Augustine?
Cost is free.

10. Visit the Saint Augustine Lighthouse!

One of the best views of Saint Augustine, the lighthouse is worth the climb! A good source of exercise and great photo opportunities, the lighthouse is a destination that you and your friends do not want to miss! They also offer a Flagler student discount.
Cost is a one time fee of $12.95 and then you can go free for the rest of the year!

11. Beach volleyball!

Everyone loves a good competition! The beach volleyball in Saint Augustine is also an experience that every Flagler Student should partake in. Whether at the Saint Augustine Pier or right in our own backyard near the pool and Palm Garden, beach volleyball is easily accessible and tons of fun!
Cost is free.

12. Ginnie Springs

A two hour and 15-minute drive from campus, Ginnie Springs is worth the road trip! It is a clear spring located on the Santa Fe River. It is a great spot for swimming, picnicking, snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, river tubing and volleyball!
Cost is $13.09 per person for a day trip.