Shark Week 2015

Shark Week 2015

Why College Students Love This Annual Marathon

15
Shark Week 2015

It is that time of the year again. What week do you ask that I am speaking of? Well, it is a week full of blood, jaws, fear, and terror. This description might very sound similar to getting your wisdom teeth removed, but that is not it. I am talking about the best week of the year.

Shark Week on Discovery Channel has become very popular over the years. It is a week full of documentaries and movies about the history of sharks, different species of sharks, shark attack stories, and educating the viewers about these amazing, but terrifying creatures.

This year’s 28th Annual Shark Week will be airing July 5 to July 12. It will be another great marathon full of interesting jaw dropping events. Everyone has their own reasons for watching this annual marathon. It could be from having a crazy obsession with sharks, and this is the week you look forward to all year long, or you just like the fact you are able to use #SharkWeek on Twitter.

Let me let you in on a little secret on the real reason why college students love Shark Week. This week that only comes along once a year, gives the college population just another occasion and, mainly, an excuse to drink.

If you have no idea what I am talking about, I am speaking of the popular, intense, epic...

1. Drink when you see a shark.

2. When you see #SharkWeek, take a sip.

3. If someone is referred to as a "Shark Expert," drink.

4. When you hear the "Jaws" theme song, drink.

5. Drink when a shark attack victim is interviewed.

6. Chug for the number of stitches a victim had received from a shark attack.

7. If you have been to the beach where someone was attacked, drink.

8. When you see a diver in a cage, drink.

9. Drink when someone says they are from Australia.

10. Someone dies. Have a moment of silence and then finish your drink in honor of them.

If you have never been into watching Shark Week, check out this year's event! This is probably the only show on Discovery Channel that you will have some interest in watching. You never know, you might really enjoy learning about the shark culture, or just enjoying the drinking part.

I hope after you reading this and discovering this new game, you will give this marathon a chance. It is a great way to have fun with your friends, have a chill night at home, and you will get drunk after only one show!

Cheers!