Grievances In Pop Culture That Demand To Be Remedied

From Justin Bieber to AHS, some things need to change.

210
Tumblr

There are some characters you just love to hate. Whatever the franchise may be, we can’t help but start to grow a fervor for those we can’t stand, but who also can’t stand to not care about either, like Rumpelstiltskin in "Once Upon a Time," Fiona Goode from "American Horror Story: Coven," or Draco Malfoy from "Harry Potter." That’s how my relationship is with pop culture. I don’t want to care about it, but I can’t seem to escape it either. It entices you with its new and noteworthy stories that lead to great dinner conversations and gossip sessions with your pals. And since I indulge in catching up on all the latest news, I do have my share of complaints on how to make it better, for everyone’s sake.

Selfie Sticks

Are selfie sticks actually helping any of us? If you really want a nice picture, just pick up a good, old fashioned digital camera because chances are you’re not even gonna get the most high-quality photo off your phone anyway. Or just ask someone to take the picture for you; it’s really not that much of an inconvenience.

"Keeping Up With The Kardashians"

Will "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" ever get cancelled? Now, don’t get me wrong, they are entertaining and amusing with their clever comments and crazy antics, but is there enough to keep it going to the point where we see Kim and Kanye being visited by Northwest? And their five other children all with names starting with “N” in the posh nursing home that they designed themselves?

Unauthorized True Story Lifetime Movies

I understand that it’s Lifetime and they are known for making some questionable films ("I Me Wed," anyone?). But I feel like their unauthorized-behind-the-scenes stories cross a line. They’ve done "Saved By The Bell" as well as "Full House" and I hope it stops there. It seems there’s not even an ounce of believability put into making it seem like all of this drama happened behind the scenes. They might as well be film adaptations of really underdeveloped fan fiction.

Say No to the Groom

Why do some brides invite their fiancées along wedding dress shopping? From watching multiple episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress"in my spare time, this seems to becoming more of a common occurrence. Some traditions are traditions for a reason, don’t ruin the surprise! On the big day, the first look is named so for a reason. And honestly, the only guy you need there is Randy.

The Zayn Malik Situation

What is even going on with Zayn? He left Simon Cowell, One Direction and Perrie all within the span of months. Let’s hope we at least get some good music out of him, otherwise this was all for naught. If his album doesn't sneak in the infamous “You and I” note into every song, I will be sincerely disappointed.

One Less Lonely Who?

Is a Justin Bieber comeback even worth it? At this point, it seems like he’ll have some moderate success, but it won’t be long before he’s getting up to some other crazy shenanigans and done with the lime light once again.

The "Toy Story" Sequel Debacle

Should there even be a "Toy Story 4"? "Toy Story 3" provided such nice closure for all of us who grew up watching "Toy Story" and "Toy Story 2". So why ruin that perfect tying up of the bow on such a great present?

"Real Housewives"

What qualifies one to be a "Real Housewife" anymore? The series started off with actual, ordinary housewives that were definitely wealthier than the average viewer, but for the most part relatable and fairly unknown. But now it seems like anyone can qualify. They’re adding more famous people to the radar like Lisa Rinna, Yolanda Foster and there are rumors of George Clooney’s new wife, Amal, possibly signing on. And some aren’t even technically housewives like "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star, Brandi Glanville. So what exactly is the criteria anymore and how do I sign up?

"American Horror Story" Hate

Yes, last season was underwhelming. Yes, Jessica Lange isn’t returning this season. Yes, Lady Gaga is starring in it. I get it. The popular opinion is that this new season of "American Horror Story" will not go well, but who knows? We can only speculate, not judge until it gets here. All we can do is hold on until October and pray that Taissa Farmigia makes a surprise appearance.

"The Duggars"

I was done with the Duggars when they were in "18 Kids and Counting." I was even more done with them when they were on "19 Kids and Counting." Needless to say, the recent allegations about Duggar that have broken this year has just sealed my opinion of them. They should be excommunicated from the Internet immediately.

Unnecessary Reality Shows

This may seem like an oxymoron, but some reality shows just go too far. Sure, I indulge in "Real Housewives," "Teen Mom," and "Catfish," but there are some people I don’t want to know about. And I’m not just talking about TLC, although they are big culprits of this with shows like "Toddlers and Tiaras" and "Sister Wives." But they’re not alone: "My Fab 40," which documents women’s extravagant birthday parties and "Kingin' with Tyga," where rapper, Tyga, shows how to be a king. It’s like they makes shows out of literally anything these days.

These are my humble requests. I think we could all agree that I’m really not asking for much. Oh, pop culture may you can continue to amuse and entertain us, just hopefully with more of what we want to hear!