Little At First Sight?

Little At First Sight?

How to Find the Right Little

12
Little At First Sight?

Big knows best, right? 

As fall rolls around, Greek Life women know exactly what lies ahead. The much-awaited day of big/little reveal will soon arrive. Pursuing a girl, the shining star, to be your future little, is a task you've been slaving over for weeks. In the past few weeks, you have stalked the new members of your sorority far beyond the amateur stalking you've mastered on your shady ex-boyfriends. You have consumed way too much coffee to help fuel your efforts, and have probably covered your whole apartment in glitter and paint. Finding your little is like finding your soul mate, except better, because when the boys leave you, she won't! 

1. Do not choose the pretty face in the group simply because of her status. 

When you're home having a meltdown and consuming half a bag of Oreos, she will probably be out on the town. Your text messages will just be another buzz in her purse. You do not need the most popular little. You need the right little. 

2. Your little does not have to be your best friend.

You don't need to consume way too many glasses of wine and dance every weekend together for her to be the perfect little. Your little should be the girl you can turn to when the rest of world fails you. She will be the girl who drops everything at 10 p.m. so you can come over and cry about how your life is a mess - even if her life is more of a mess. 

3. Your little who will always have your back

If you mess with big, you'll hear from little. She will constantly question your new fling or boyfriend about being good enough for "her big." No matter how much she may despise him and roll her eyes, in the end she will support your decision and she will be there if he decides to break your heart. 

4. Your little brings out the best in you!

She will only accept the best for you. It is your little who will dedicate her weekends to proving that your boyfriend is not being Mr. Faithful. Your little will catch him, because little is protective of her big. Not only will she catch him, but when you may possibly throw your drink at "the new you," even though she seems like a downgrade, your little will pick up your pride and dignity, and bring you home. After she gives Mr. Player a piece of her mind in a classy way. 

5. Your little will help you find standards higher than your high heels.

She will be the good influence in your life, most of the time, and encourage you to do your best. She will always insist that you can do better, because you're her big and you deserve the best. 

6. Your little will change your life. 

You will adore her and she will adore you. You will always have each other’s backs, and no one will come between you for long. Though you may not always be together, you know she is just a phone call away, no matter the time of day. She will spend some of your best days with you, and some of your worst. No fight will ever be too big to break the big/little bond.

Spend the next week crafting all night. Drink an extra Red Bull and five more in the morning. Reminisce on how your big changed your life because you are about to do the same for your little. So here's to you and your future little.