"I Can't"

For those of us who were born with the crappy genes that allow us to gain 5 pounds from eating a salad and a protein shake while our BFF scarfs down an entire pizza and 4 beers but somehow maintains her teeny tiny perfect figure, sorry to tell you, but life's not fair. 

We go to the gym a few times each week and eat relatively healthy, yet the pounds keep adding on. Eventually, many of us accept that we'll never look like a centerfold and give up. Many say that it's not worth the added work when nothing will change, anyway. Well, I'm here to disprove the theory that we can't look like rockstars. I'm taking on the challenge of proving to girls like me that with a little extra hard work and a motivated mindset, we too can have the bodies we've always dreamed of. 

Over the course of the next 60 days, I will be challenging myself and whoever wants to join me to get in the best shape of our lives. If I hear one more person say, "it's what's on the inside that counts," I'll go insane! Yes, inner beauty is extremely important, don't get me wrong, but that doesn't mean that your health is not.

In 60 days, I will still be myself, simply a better version of myself. Being more physically fit has tons of added benefits: increased happiness, extra energy, more confidence, etc- Duh, we learned all of these things back in elementary school. So the question is, how to do it? I decided to choose the path that meant that I had the least amount of excuses possible, so not having enough time, being too tired, the gym being closed, etc are out of the question.

Today, I am starting Beachbody's 21 Day Fix along with Insanity. These are both at home workouts that will together only take a little over an hour per day. The average social media user in my demographic spends 3.2 hours online each day, so this shouldn't be an issue for most. Just to completely do away with the excuse of not having time or being too tired, I'll let you know that I will be participating in these workout routines while working 3 jobs, going to class every day, and getting less than 4 hours of sleep each night. Tell me again how you are too busy to workout. 

Today (Monday, July 28, 2014) I will begin my challenge. On September 21, my challenge will be over, and if I prove this to be possible, I will have lost a total of 20% of my current weight. Because we all have different bodies, I won't post my exact numbers but will instead stick with my percentage of weight lost. Each week, I will write about the challenges and triumphs from that week along with my progress toward my goal. 

If all goes as planned, we can get rid of the excuses once and for all and finally work toward getting our country away from obesity and into the gym.