10 Reasons I Adore Ellen Degeneres

10 Reasons I Adore Ellen Degeneres

There is no better person to spend an hour of your afternoon with than Ellen Degeneres

350
10 Reasons I Adore Ellen Degeneres
http://theodysseyonline.com/tampa/ellen-degeneres-talk-show-host-generation/231068

If someone asked me what I missed the most about home while I’m at college, I would tell them that a close second to food would be watching The Ellen Show with my mom. Some may question the fact that my favorite way to spend my time with my mom is by watching TV together, but once you start watching the show, you understand why Ellen Degeneres is our favorite person. Also, no need to worry; even though I don't get to watch it from the comfort of my home, I have still made it a point to try watch The Ellen Show everyday and my mom is also keeping up the tradition! In case you haven’t gotten a chance to watch enough of her shows (you can never watch too much Ellen), or you feel the same way as me, here are some of the reasons why I love Ellen and The Ellen Show:

1. She starts off each day with a monologue and dance

There is no better way to get your mind distracted from a busy day than a hilarious monologue commenting on current events, followed by a feel-good dance. Even President Obama agrees! Her love for dancing is infectious!

2. She isn’t afraid to make the celebrities she interviews feel uncomfortable

Not only is Ellen unafraid of getting to the bottom of celebrity gossip or taboo topics, but she also interacts with other celebrities in a way that reminds us that they too are human.

3. She promotes not only celebrities, but also talented children and other inspirations

The Ellen Show is a daytime show that lets you regularly learn about child geniuses and role models overcoming several life-threatening obstacles. This allows the show, and what Ellen stands for, to be much more than just comedy, letting a variety of viewers to connect with show.

4. She embodies the fact that age is nothing but a number and that you’re never too old to have fun

Whether the guest on the show is three years old or in her late eighties, Ellen connects with them while having a blast. She shows that if you have an open mind, you can make any situation fun! She lets everyone explore their inner child with her super-entertaining games, such as "Pie Face" and "Know or Go!"

5. She gives others hope

In a matter of seconds, she is able to lift the mood of the masses. So much so that my mom always tells me that one day she wants to feel as much excitement as the audience on The Ellen Show. Many times throughout her shows, patients overcoming illnesses thank her for making them feel like nothing is impossible and giving them strength.

6. She is absolutely hilarious

Nothing is funnier than when she sends celebrities, with earpieces, into public places to make them announce embarrassing and awkward things. Another personal favorite is when she scares the guests on her show, ranging from hiding in their dressing rooms to jumping out during the taping of the show.

7. She teaches us to never give up

Whether it be her hunt to grace the cover of "O" with Oprah, her hunt to complete a sequel to "Finding Nemo," or her search as her character, Dory, to find Nemo, Ellen has made it evident that to reach a goal, you cannot give up.

8. She is proud of who she is

Through her show, Ellen does not simply say that one must be confident. Instead, she addresses that she always receives negative comments. Ellen conveys the message that everyone is worth much more than criticism and should feel comfortable in their own skin.

9. She is incredibly generous and lets people escape for an hour

Even though I have never been in the audience during a 12 Days of Give-Aways show, I get all excited inside to see what the viewers have won when I hear those Christmas bells ring. Hopefully, one day I will be able to experience the overwhelming thrill in personit's on my bucket list! For the one hour that I watch this show, I stop thinking about homework or how I'm stressed, and instead often find myself smiling at the TV.

10. She closes her show every day by reminding us to “have a great day and be kind to one another!”

I truly believe that there is no better motto to live your life with, and although this may seem like obvious advice, hearing it everyday really makes it stick with me.