5 Ways To Jump Into Life

5 Ways To Jump Into Life

Taking risks is when the magic happens

789
5 Ways To Jump Into Life
Journey to Connection: Welcome to the story of Xiaofei

One thing we are learning in college and in life is how to jump, or in other words, take risks. College is full of opportunities to explore and those opportunities ultimately shape how we go on to live our lives. Here are a few ways to get started on your jump.

1. Go See the World (or the U.S.)

In college, the most obvious way to go see the world is to study abroad. A lot of students do it and really enjoy it. They say it’s the best thing they could’ve done in their college experience. Most of the time, it’s no more expensive than your current college experience and you get you get to pick the length of time that’s most comfortable and convenient for you. However, studying abroad still may not be the best for everyone. It wasn’t for me, but I still made sure to get out of the classroom and explore. I went on mission trips, both locally and internationally, which fit my schedule and financial capacity. It was a great way to get out there and open myself up to new things with new people. Going to see the world, though, doesn’t always mean traveling. Keep that in mind.

2. Don't Let Relationships Hold You Back

Whether it be a romantic relationship, a friendship, or family, be aware that your college experience and your life belongs to you. Sometimes it is very easy to get caught up in letting an experience or something go to the wayside because you feel that it may destroy a relationship. You may come from a family of teachers, but decide business is for yourself and it could cause a rift in your family. Studying abroad may mean leaving a boyfriend behind. Moving away for your first job may mean that you and your best friend have to begin a FaceTime relationship. Know, though, that it’s worth it. Life is short and the reality is, any day could be your last so it’s important to live life to the fullest. Sure, it sounds cliché, but it’s true. The relationships that are real will not only be waiting for you, but they’ll go with you on your journey.

3. Open Your Mind

This is a tough one, but rest assured that the wider you open your mind, the more peaceful life shall be. Just know that this one will take time.

4. Explore Your Spirituality

One thing I’m continuously learning is what spirituality means to me, because it’s different for each person. For some, it involves religion and for others it may not. Either way, your spirituality is vital to making your life fulfilling and worthwhile. The real beauty of spirituality is that it’s exactly what you make it and it can only take you higher in life.

5. Find What Gives You Joy and Do It

Have you ever just asked yourself what makes you happy? Do you have an answer? I can’t give you accurate numbers on this, but I bet there’s some people out there who have never asked themselves that question, and even some have yet don’t have an answer. I think we get so caught up in life sometimes that we forget about the simple things that give us joy. We may find things that make us happy, like going out on a Friday night after a long week at work or having a glass of wine while watching Netflix. But find what brings you joy, meaning a deeper, more stable, and long-term version of happiness. Again, this is different for everyone and can take time to find, but it’s important to find what it means for you and to hold on to it because it’ll be so worth it when you finally do.