Meet The 'New Chipotle'

Meet The 'New Chipotle'

This restaurant is a total game-changer.

13
Meet The 'New Chipotle'

The cheaper the better, that's my motto. Between student loans and living expenses, us college students don't have a lot of extra spending money. Being on a tight budget, it's so much easier to resort to the sub-standard value meals when eating out. Honestly, who wants to spend $10 on some fancy-schmancy organic meal when there's a perfectly delicious burrito for waaayyy cheaper? Unfortunately, as much as we love them (taco salads totally count as being healthy, it's a SALAD after all), these meals aren't always the healthiest option. But WAIT! Could there be a solution? A restaurant that could solve all your problems? Could there be a way to eat healthy and not break the bank to do it?!

Enter Sweetgreen, the affordable restaurant with countless healthy options. Founded by college students from Georgetown University in 2007, Sweetgreen caters to busy people on a budget. The students were frustrated with the lack of reasonably-priced nutritious food available to the public.Their mission was, and is, simple: to create a restaurant where healthy food is not only affordable, but appealing as well. Dubbed by CNN as the 'Next Chipotle' due to its "fast casual" atmosphere and assembly-line style, Sweetgreen puts a fresh new twist on salad. You can pick from their signature menu, their seasonal menu, or create your very own salad bowl. They've taken the boring salad stereotype and turned it completely upside down.

As if this already isn't great enough, it gets better! Not only is Sweetgreen healthy for you, but it's healthy for the environment too. Sweetgreen is all about sustainability. Their motto is "Passionx Purpose," and this environmental passion is evident in everything from their building materials to the food served in eco-friendly bowls. Sweetgreen prepares all of their organic food in their own kitchen, supports the community by working with local farmers, and has recycling and composting services available in the store. Basically, they're the whole package (if only we could say the same for college boys *sigh*).

This restaurant is perfect. Not only do they have healthy food that actually tastes good, but they give so much back to the environment. It would practically be a crime NOT to eat there. Sadly, for now, Sweetgreen is mainly located on the East Coast, but they are looking to expand in the future. Hopefully, it won't be long before Sweetgreen plants its roots in a location near you.