Why You Should Be Watching Gilmore Girls

*some spoilers*

36

If you're out on the road feeling lonely and so cold all you have to do is... turn around, go home and watch Gilmore Girls, seriously. But, if you're having trouble picking between shows here are a few reasons that will help you decide:

• The boys (Rory's boys specifically). They are beautiful and have zero things wrong with them (well maybe a few things, but seriously? Their faces are unreal!).

• Stars Hollow. They have seasons, like real seasons! The leaves change colors, it snows, etc. Basically everything Texas lacks in weather Stars Hollow exceeds in. It's a small town where everyone is way too involved (besides Luke), hosts too many festivals, and only has one stop light and one crosswalk that required a whole meeting to teach the townspeople how to work it... it's that small.

• Lorelai and Rory's relationship. It's the relationship we all wish we had with our mothers. It has its up and downs (mostly ups), they share closets, a love for old movies and junk food. Though Rory may take on the role of mother sometimes, you can always count on Lorelai to wear something ridiculous, be late to take you to your first day at a new high school, date your teacher, yell at your ex-boyfriend in a grocery store full of people know when all you need is a good cry... and a lot of pizza.   

• Luke (and his diner). He is reliable, stubborn, and absolutely lovable, and his diner is so quaint and cute it makes you want to be there all of the time (which Lorelai and Rory are at...all of the time). His refusal to submit to societal ways makes him stand out from the rest of Stars Hollow, sorry Mayor Porter but Luke will not be giving into the seasonal spirit so...stop trying.
  • Lorelai. Her unorthodox yet amazing parenting skills, obsession with coffee, complicated dating life and lack of a filter make you want to be her, but at the same time slightly thankful you aren't. She had Rory as a teenager and is still in the process of figuring out the whole "parenting thing" but doing quite an amazing job thus far. Her dating life and relationship with her parents are both quite complex but hey, whose aren't?       

• More importantly, Luke and Lorelai. Their back-and-forthness is truly one of a kind. Not to mention the incredible chemistry they share, it is actually impossible to not be obsessed with their relationship. He limits her coffee intake and she still speaks to him...that's serious friendship right there.

• Paris, she speaks the truth and actually does not care at all what people have to say about her, she can be mean and seriously cold but in the end she's a solid friend who will tell it you straight. #preach

• Rory. You will get to experience her transition through the awkwardness of high school and then college all while struggling to decode the complicated language that is men and maintaining a solid GPA. Not to mention she's absolutely brilliant (her obsession with books is admirable), well-spoken (most of the time) and just all-around relatable (almost TOO relatable, much like the rest of the characters in the show).

• SOOKIE! Before she was Megan on Bridesmaids she was a quirky and extremely clumsy chef who wasn't seducing Air Marshals but instead arguing with Michel, injuring the kitchen staff and making delicious treats.

• Michel. His extreme displeasure towards everything and just overall negativity will make you feel like a better person even on your worst day.  

• Kurt. Like many of us, the poor guy cannot catch a break in the dating world and his lack of social skills make his interactions with the people of Stars Hollow that much more entertaining. 

• Miss Patty. A retired Broadway dancer turned town gossip and dance teacher, Miss Patty knows everything about everyone before it's even happened. You want to dislike her because of her gossiping but can't because she is absolutely hilarious.

• Parents. Our parents can be real Emily and Richard Gilmore's sometimes. You can't stand their backhanded comments, constant interfering in your dating life and questioning of your sanity, but have to because they feed and cloth you while simultaneously loving the heck out of you. They mean well, most of the time... I think?

• The intro song. Possibly the only introduction to a show that you will not fast forward through but instead belt with all of your might because it is everything you want in a theme song and more (I'm sorry One Tree Hill, please forgive me).
  • Miss. Ungermeyer's (that's a Lizzie McGuire Movie reference btw because she will forever be Miss Ungermeyer) absolute hatred for everyone and everything but somehow still managing to play the most calming instrument ever (the harp, obviously). She definitely does not play a large role in the show but worth the mention because she will make you LOL.

• But seriously, the boys.

• The soundtrack. few things are greater than hearing I'm Sorry Ms.Jackson By Outkast playing at Rory's first high school party. Not to mention the background music- "la la la lala," no seriously, thats the background music.
  • The advice. Whether it's Rory's first break up or Lorelai having an outfit crisis, you can always expect great advice in return. Their struggles are your struggles, so take notes.

So get in bed (or do as I do- go to your best friend's house and get REALLY comfortable in their bed) and enjoy the greatness that is Gilmore Girls, there is nothing else like it.

.