21 Things That Only Happen at Baylor

21 Things That Only Happen at Baylor

2275
21 Things That Only Happen at Baylor

Baylor is a school like no other. That being said, we do things a little different and some things can only happen at Baylor University.

Only at Baylor…

1. Not only do they tell you to not drink the punch at orientation; they give you a shirt that explicitly says “DO NOT DRINK THE PUNCH” to remind you. Nothing reminds you to stay away from parties like a big target on your back.
  2. Is a 68-year-old man running across a football field being chased by 2,000+ freshman a regular thing. Ya Boy Kenny is quite the speed demon.
  3. Can a coffee shop and a shopping center have a complete and unobstructed influence. What are you drinking? Common Grounds. Where’d you get your shirt? Spice.
  4. Throwing tortillas at a block of cement can actually make you depressed about your future. It’s official everyone: I’m dying alone.
  5. Will your Accounting, Great Texts, History, English, etc. teachers ask if you’d like to pray before your tests and at some point will ask if anyone has any prayer requests. Sic ‘em Jesus.
  6. Are Coke products literally banned from campus. Like you have to actually leave Baylor to get a Sprite.
  7. Is it really obvious in the dining halls on Sunday afternoons who went to church and who definitely didn’t. I promise I love you, Jesus, but this morning sleep happened.
  8. Can frat boys dance and sing at such a high level that it will bring you to tears. People at other schools: “Oh we have Sing too!” Baylor people: "Lolz…no."
  9. Can there be such a hatred for a school we don’t have a rivalry with and we don’t even play in sports. Those darn Aggies. We even raised our ceilings so our rock-climbing wall would be taller. So there.
  10. Can one phrase be incorporated into everyday vocabulary like it’s no big deal. “Need chapel credit senior year. Sic ‘em Burt.” “Beyoncé is the most flawless woman alive. Sic ‘em Beyoncé.”  “Think you’re going to fail? Sic ‘em ring-by-spring.”
  11. Do you see your professors and their families at church every single week. Is that my physics teacher a few pews up?
  12. Can one of the best dance parties of the year be totally alcohol-free and serve Kool-Aid. Ignore the shirt. Drink the punch.
  13. Does everyone completely freak out over getting a day off of school in the spring. DIA DIA DIA DIA DIA.
  14. Can everyone describe to you in full detail the taste experience that is a Southwest Chicken Salad, a Flying Saucer or a Memorial cookie. The fried chicken, the Mexican goodness, the melted chocolate.
  15. Does everyone know what “The Nunnery” and “The Monastery” are referring to in reference to dorms. No one actually calls it the “Penthouse”
  16. Are three-letter acronyms a part of every day vocabulary. BSB, SLC, SUB, etc.
  17. Can getting on the Baylor Instagram be considered one of the highest achievements in life. IF YOU EVER ACCOMPLISH THIS, YOU HAVE WON AT BAYLOR.
  18. Are football hype videos abundant and often life-changing. We are going to win. Sic ‘em Bryce.
  19. Is wearing a super distinctive sorority jersey not weird. You never realize how much you stand out until you go try and go grab Chipotle after class and everyone looks at you.
  20. Can you feel kind of sketched out by yet still so in love with Waco. There truly is no place like Waco, Texas.
  21. Can green and gold totally, completely, and with out a doubt go together. Is my outfit Baylor-y enough?