23 Things You Need To Do In Nashville

23 Things You Need To Do In Nashville

Yes, especially if you live here.

2968
23 Things You Need To Do In Nashville

The best city in the south is Nashville, Tennessee. Fight me on it. I'll always win. From the food, to the attraction, to the history, to the atmosphere, nothing compares to the heart of Middle Tennessee. The downside to it though is the people who live close and don't take it for all it's worth. Nashville is a thriving hub for real estate, business, and commerce but people who grew up here like to look at downtown as a tourist trap (OK, maybe a little) that isn't worth their time. Here are 12 things you've got to do in Nashville whether you're just visiting or not, you'll never get anything like it.

1. Bar's on Broadway

It's not going to be the greatest night of your life but some of the stories you'll end up with and the laughs you'll have will be worth it to say you've at least done it.

2. Go to a Nashville Predators Game

You'll like it; you'll love it; you'll want some more of it. It's so exciting to watch a winning team from Nashville.

3. Union Station

A hotel that used to be a train station? Whoa! It is absolutely gorgeous (I even took my prom picture there) and all the history in the building makes it a must visit.

4. Farmers Market and Swett's Soul Food

The Farmer's Market at the Bicentennial Mall literally has everything. It's a flea market, you can get any produce you're heart desires, you can walk to park and learn about Tennessee history, and eat some of the best food of your life.

5. Go to a Titan's Game

It's gonna be sad. You aren't gonna like it. It's an experience you need.

6. Arnold's Southern Kitchen

I swear this place secretly has everyone in the south's grandmother behind their kitchen doors serving the BEST home cooking to ever grace the south. Except better.

7. Walk Across a Bridge

The view from the Pedestrian Bridge is the place little girls dream of Prince Charming proposing to them.

8. Zoo

Our Zoo is literally the coolest. WE HAVE GIRAFFES. Also the Jungle Gym is actually the greatest thing even when you're 20.

9. Naked People Statue in Music Row

The best part of this is when church groups get all crazy and put clothes on them. Also, it's Adam LeQuire's work and he basically OWNS the Nashville art scene. (His Gallery is on Charlotte Pk. and also is A-1.)

10. Parthenon at Centennial Park

Athens of the South! It is such an interesting and beautiful place to explore. The park almost always has some sort of vendor fair and the giant statue was made by, you guessed it, Adam LeQuire.

11. Riverfront Concert

Nobody does music quite like the Country Music capital of the WORLD.

12. Forth of July and New Year's Eve

Our holiday celebration's are world renowned. Again, Nobody quite does it like Nashville.

13. Stop in the middle of the Natchez Trace Bridge

This is actually a terrifying thing to do. This scenic Parkway is one of the most beautiful drives you can take through the south but this bridge is so skinny and high and just creepy.

14. Love Circle

This is the best view of the city and the sunrise is OH. MY. GOODNESS. But be warned when you show up to Love Circle alone at 6 a.m. on Valentine's Day you get some weird looks from all the couple's who are proposing. (Guilty..)

15. Pancake Pantry

The sign says it all. Nashville Tradition. Part of the tradition is the two hours you have to wait in line on a Saturday morning to eat there but it's worth it.

16. Opry at Christmas

It's Cliche`. You don't want to go alone. Every. Single. Year. You still end up there because it's so gorgeous.

17. Ride the Elevator at the Renaissance

You kind of have to be sneaky to get into the hotel to do this one but riding a glass elevator to the top of one of the tallest building's in Downtown? You have to.

18. Princes Hot Chicken

There is a reason people are trying to make a marketing strategy out of "Nashville Hot Chicken" and it is this place at this location. I had a friend go into the military and this was his last meal because it is so unique to Nashville and SOOOO GOOOOOD.

19. The Soda Parlor

OK, this one isn't as known as all the other's but if you want a great float and an excuse to run around the vintage shops of Marathon Motor Works on Clinton, This is it. This is literally some of the best soda and coolest places to just hang out.

20. See "The Nutcracker" at TPAC

The Nashville Ballet's production of "The Nutcracker" every winter is one of the greatest tradition's to have. It's absolutely beautiful. It's not alwasy the preconcieved notion that Nashville can do the "art's thing" but we can and we do very well.

21. Frist Art Center

Again, Nashville and the art's are pretty much amazing and a half. The Frist also has some great discounts for college students.

22. The Adventure Science Center and Planetarium

THIS PLACE IS SO FREAKING COOL. They have a three story tower of just learning and has such a awesome space exhibit and other changing ones and the planetarium always has super cool shows and just 10 out of 10 cool place that also has student discounts! (Ballin' on a budget)

23. Fan Fair

GET YOUR BOOTS AND HAT OUT Y'ALL IT'S THE BEST WEEK OF THE YEAR! No but really most people from Nashville aren't the biggest fans of CMA Fest because it messes up pretty much every aspect of our everyday lives but, fellow Nashvillians, embrace it. It brings so much money to our city and for one week of the year just be a tourist in our city. Wear your boots and just go for it. You'll either love it or love to laugh at the people who do love it.

Enjoy Nashville, it's the greatest city in the South.