Why Your Dog Is Your Best Friend

Why Your Dog Is Your Best Friend

When they say that a dog is a man's best friend, they are absolutely right.

63
Why Your Dog Is Your Best Friend

A dog is commonly known as a man's best friend, but he is also a woman's best friend. Heck, he is everyone's best friend. A relationship that an owner has with their dog isn't something that can be easily broken. Dogs care for their owners just as much as their owners care for them. No, he doesn't only love you because you are the one who feeds his hungry soul (although, that does play a big role). A dog is always be there for you during your best times and your worst times. They are truly one of the best friends anybody could ever ask for. In case you weren't already aware, here is why your dog and your best friend are one and the same.

He won't judge you when you're cracking open your third pint of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream after a bad day.

You come home after a long, miserable day, and the last thing you want to hear is somebody nagging you about eating too much ice cream. That's seriously the worst. I mean come on guys, let the human eat their ice cream in peace. Your dog would never nag you about eating too much. The only thing he would do is expect you to give him a few bites every now and then.

He never minds sharing his food with you.

When you walk into the house after grilling a few hamburgers on the grill, he knows those are for him. He realizes that his human has to eat too. He's okay with you eating the hamburgers you made for him, as long as you save him some.

You can read each others emotions.

You know when each other are sad and you know when each other are happy. When you are crying, he is always there to comfort you and show you love. When you are dancing with a big smile on your face, he is always there to dance with you. You can always tell when he has finished his bone because he will walk around in a slump until he finally gets a new one. The two of you just know each other that well.

You'd rather snuggle with your dog than your significant other.

Snuggling with people is way too much work. Let's face it, your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife isn't as soft as your little buddy anyways. You'd choose your dog to snuggle with over your significant other any day. Sorry baby, you can sleep on the couch tonight.

He thinks all of your clothes look good on you.

You try on an outfit and he looks at you with awe. You try on a different outfit, he looks at you the same way. He thinks you look good in anything. And if he doesn't, he's probably already eaten it. Those shoes that were chewed up last Tuesday were pretty ugly I guess.

He's the best work-out partner.

He never complains about running too far. He always keeps up with your pace. Also, if your dog is looking a little out of shape that day, you can just blame him for not being able to run as far. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you had to cut the run short because HE was the one out of shape.

He's the best dancing partner, also.

When you have a good song playing, as soon as they jump up on you're chest, it's go time. He won't step on your toes, and he doesn't judge you if you step on his. You don't have to worry about any fancy dance moves because, well, you're dancing with a dog.

You go everywhere together.

I mean, you have to. He'd be so offended if you didn't take him somewhere. Also, you'd feel empty without him constantly by your side. It's a must to always have him with you.

He is the best listener.

You know those day when you just need to let everything out before you have a mental break-down? I know I do. A little too well, almost. Sometime's you just have to vent, whether it's for 30 seconds or 30 minutes. Your dog is always willing to listen to everything you have to say. He won't tell anybody your secrets either.

No matter what you do and the mistakes you make, you will always be the most important thing to your little buddy. You are the world to him. There is no better best friend than a dog, because the love he has for you and you have him is unconditional. So to all of those special friendships around the world, keep up the good work.

*A big shoutout to the best puppies in the world, Gracie and Lily. If only you two could read.