Every Day Is A Holiday

Every Day Is A Holiday

23
Every Day Is A Holiday

There is a holiday for just about every topic you can think of. National Best Friend Day on June 8, Nachos Day on November 6, and Chocolate Covered Anything Day on December 16 are just a few of the bizarre days that are celebrated in America. 

According to daysoftheyear.com, each day of the year has a something to celebrate. Some days have multiple themes designated to them. Why is this necessary? I have absolutely no idea, but the excessive amount of holidays is quite entertaining. 

Here are some of the days you can look forward to celebrating in 2015:

January is Oatmeal Month 

January 1st: Bloody Mary Day. This is to recover from the New Year’s Eve festivities.

January 9th: Static Electricity Day. Don’t forget to go shock someone!

January 31st: Gorilla Suit Day. How do enough people in America own a gorilla suit for their to be a designated day for it? 

February is Hot Breakfast Month 

February 1st: Dump Your Significant Jerk Day. Obviously, this is in preparation for Single’s Awareness Day on February 15.

February 16th: Almond Day.

February 23rd: Curling Is Cool Day. Curling is only cool in the Olympics. 

March is Caffeine Awareness Month 

March 3rd: What If Cats And Dogs Had Opposable Thumbs Day. But they don’t. So, why do we need a day for it?

March 9th: Get Over It Day. What are we getting over? Our ex-boyfriend? A cold? The possibilities are endless.  

March 13th: Ken Day. I just want to know when Barbie Day is.  

April is Straw Hat Month

April 2nd: Love Your Produce Manager Day. This person is the real MVP.  

April 16th: Wear Your Pajamas To Work Day. I wonder if April 17 is Find A New Job Day”. 

April 26th: Hug an Australian Day. G’day, mate! 

May is Get Caught Reading Month. Be a rebel. Get caught reading.

May 1st: Lei Day. Aloha!

May 15th: Pizza Party Day. This is everyday in my apartment.  

May 29th: Put A Pillow On Your Fridge Day. How does one exactly put a pillow on the fridge?

June is Soul Food Month 

June 1st: Thank God It's Monday Day. The only thing to be thankful for on a Monday is that it is that much closer to Friday.  

June 17th: Eat Your Vegetables Day.

June 22nd: Onion Rings Day.

July is Ice Cream Month 

July 6th: Fried Chicken Day.

July 10th: Cow Appreciation Day. Chick-fil-A celebrates this day by offering free food to all of their customers dressed up as cows.

July 27th:
 Walk On Stilts Day. 

August is Golf Month 

August 3rd: Underwear Day. I would hope this would be every day, but you never know.  

August 13th: International Left-Handers Day.  

August 30th: Slinky Day. 

September is Chicken Month 

Sept 5th: Cheese Pizza Day.  

Sept 15th: Get Ready Day. What are we getting ready for? Are we going out?  

Sept 26th: International Rabbit Day

October is Pizza Month: Hallelujah. Finally a logically themed month.

October 2nd: Name Your Car Day.

October 25th: Punk For A Day Day. Be the rebel you always wanted to be, but couldn’t because your parents would not pay for your tuition. 

October 28th: Plush Animal Lovers Day. 

November is World Vegan Month 

November 3rd: Sandwich Day.

November 15th: Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day. Mark your calendars. You have got a full schedule on this day.  

November 28th: French Toast Day. 

December is Tie Month 

December 4th: Bartender Appreciation Day. Do not forget that bartenders celebrate Christmas, too.  

December 27th: Make Cut-Out Snowflakes Day.

December 30th: Bacon Day. Mmm, bacon.