A Happy Life Is a Better Life

A Happy Life Is a Better Life

Here are some ways to make sure every day is a good day!

27
A Happy Life Is a Better Life

Have you ever had those days when everything that could go wrong did? What about the never ending week where it feels like the whole universe is against you? We all have those days when we wake up, and as our eyes struggle to open, we know it's not going to be the best day we've ever had. Even though at times it feels like nothing can help us turn our "complicated" life around, there is something we can do about it. In the words of Louise Erdrich, "Very little is needed to make a happy life." Here are seven ways you can make every day a good day and live your life the way you're supposed to, by being happy.

1. Get the day started with your favorite playlist.

http://www.umnet.com/free-screensaver/120081-Smili...

As you wake up to start your day, set your alarm sound to your favorite song that always seems to put you in a good mood. By listening to your pump up song (I recommend anything by Maroon 5), you're already comfortable with your morning, which will lead to you feeling comfortable all day long.

2. Work out.

http://nicholasscalice.com/category/success/

If you're like me, you'd rather start your day by watching just one episode on Netflix (it's never just one.) Instead, wake up and go for a run, walk, do some hot yoga, anything that gets you moving and awake. Although the first couple of times you do this you'll start to feel tired later on in the day, you'll gain a routine and your body will feel cleansed.

3. Reach out to an old friend.

http://lifebeautylaughter.blogspot.com/2010/08/per...

When at college, it gets tough trying to talk to our friends from high school and even our family every day like we used to. We're busy a lot of the time with school, work, internships, and our social life that we put off talking to them because there's "always later." Try calling a friend or your mom and ask them how they're doing. You'll feel a lot happier once you hang up the phone with them because it'll feel like you never left home.

4. Go with the flow.

http://interiorsbystudiom.com/new-year-resolution-...

As young adults, we tend to stress out about absolutely EVERYTHING. We're worried about our future, school, work, boyfriends/girlfriends, best friends, everything. So my best advice to you, even though it may sound impossible, is to just go with the flow. I personally love to have everything planned out all of the time, but to be happy you have to take risks and stray off of your set path a little. Keep the balance between not caring and being stuck up, and I promise you'll be happier.

5. Pay it forward.

http://www.muscleforlife.com/helping-others/

When we help our loved ones with something, we tend to feel good about ourselves. But when you help out a complete stranger, it is possibly the best feeling ever. You can pay it forward just about anywhere, even if it's just at McDonalds. Others appreciate the amazing things you do for them, no matter how small your act of kindness is. So instead of wasting your extra money on that shirt you are never going to wear, help someone else who needs it more.

6. A clean life is a happy life.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/13/decoratin...

I'm not saying you have to have your room spotless all of the time, because in reality that never seems to happen, especially as a college student. But if your desk is somewhat clean or if your laundry is already done, you'll feel like you have your life together, which sure makes me happy. If you're in a bad mood, try cleaning up a little even if it's just making your bed. It's stress relieving and gives you time to cool off alone.

7. Laugh a little.

https://www.tumblr.com/search/girls+laughing

Charlie Chaplin once said, "A day without laughter is a day wasted." To me this has the biggest affect on your whole day because laughing, whether it's with your friends or at a video you see on Youtube, is good for the soul. It makes you use muscles that can only be used by laughing and it's contagious. If you see someone laughing, doesn't it make you want to join in also? We can't be serious all of the time, so take a load off and have a good laugh.