"Rowdy" Ronda Rousey

"Rowdy" Ronda Rousey

The undisputed champion

85
"Rowdy" Ronda Rousey
rondarousey.net

By now, almost everyone knows who Ronda Rousey is—the hard-hitting, angry, no-lip-taking, tough woman who would beat you to a pulp while, at the same time, beat you in a beauty contest.

Ronda is known as the best female fighter in the world, having defended her Bantamweight title several times and never losing.

In 2015, Rousey was named number one out of fifty most dominant athletes alive.

Rousey’s fighting career took off when she was the first U.S. woman to earn an Olympic medal in Judo at the Summer Olympics in Beijing in 2008. Since that Olympic title, Rousey has taken on Mixed Martial Arts competitively.

She is undefeated in her professional career with a record of twelve to zero; eleven of those wins being in the first round and nine of those being by arm bar. With a total of twelve fights, Rousey has spent a total of twenty-three minutes and thirty-six seconds in the ring. Nine of those wins were achieved in less than one minute in the first round.

When Rousey steps into the ring, she has this instant raging mentality that helps her fight mad and angry at her opponent, as if they have attacked her personally. Her last opponent, Beth Correia actually made the mistake of making some very personal comments to Ronda in the months leading up to the fight. Then, at the weigh-ins before the fight, she had a few more words for Rousey.

Rousey never said a word; she just stood there with an extremely angry look on her face. Needless to say that fight lasted a total of thirty-four seconds. Rousey decided to do her talking after the fight was complete. She hovered over her opponent’s unconscious body, wishing she would get off the ground so she could hit her some more.

Rousey is only 28 years old. She has already been named the greatest women fighter of all time. Rousey is without a doubt one of the most exciting fighters to watch in all of extreme sports. If she is fighting on TV, I am not missing it for anything.

Lately, Rousey and Floyd Mayweather have had some trash-talking going on in the media. The debate has been who would win a fight between the two. My personal opinion is that Mayweather would not stand a chance, especially because all he knows how to do is stand up and box.

I am sure we will never see that fight. Floyd Mayweather is scared to fight people in his own division, much less someone with more tools than him, like Rousey.

If I am a gambling man, which I am, my money is on Rousey no matter who she is fighting.